Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
tuthleselk
AF Newbie

Strong Fuel Smell- Vapor Canister

I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.9 Liter with a rebuilt engine about 8000 miles ago

I have a strong fuel smell when I Start the truck, it smell like it is under the door by the vapor canister, I can smell it when its running down the road sometimes. I have noticed that when I get behind another vehicle and am just going along that when I just give it a little gas it feels as if its lurching, but if I hit the throttle hard or push in the kickdown switch it goes away. I had my mechanic look for leaks and he could not find any, I did see that this year Ram had a recall #768, but I am usure if it was done to this ram

I have always had this smell since I bought the truck in Sept. 2013 but it has got alot stronger this winter and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this situation, ?? Thank you
tuthleselk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:09 PM   #2
tuthleselk
AF Newbie

Re: Strong Fuel Smell- Vapor Canister

I forgot I even posted this thread, turns out the problem was that the two of the spark plug wires were arcing, and not burning fuel corectly, I guess sometimes it just pays to look under the hood when its pitch black!!
tuthleselk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:45 PM   #3
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Re: Strong Fuel Smell- Vapor Canister

Thanks for the update and advice!

"Cornbread Red", 2001 Dodge 2500,4X4,HO Cummins Diesel,QC,SWB,6spd.,Banks boost&pyro,US Gage fuel press.,Edge Drag Comp,4"exh.,cowl hood, bhaf, black Holley pump, 140gph...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, kevlar/ceramic single disc clutch, cheapo fuel cooler, 8x.010" vco injector nozzles, Cat turbo 62-65-.70A/R, 497hp 1089 tq 8/25/14

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10