Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 08:47 PM   #1
RSX
AF Enthusiast

Angry Which concept vehicle do you wish came into production, but didn't.

This feeds my anger every time, because even though it would've cost $800,000 if it did come into production, it would be the only car I felt would be worth it. Yes, my friends, the Ford GT90 is the only car that has caused my jaw to drop and me to question what my own eyes were witnessing. This marvel, way ahead of its time, will never show its beauty on top of silk asphalt, sun glistening off of its pearl white layers of metal, intertwining mysteriously with your soul, telling you that the fiction portrayed by an altered realm is in fact a reality. I think that if I could have one day to lay my palms upon the steering wheel of this heavenly prescence, I would know what bliss in its purest form felt like, and as I gaze into oblivion through the rear-view mirror, me and this vehicle, for seemingly forever, are the only things existing throughout the depths of infinite. Any of you guys have a concept car that make you feel this way? If so, post the model. Thanx.
RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:12 PM   #2
rsxer45
AF Premium User

cadillac cien, but I don't feel as passionate for it as I think you do for the GT90. I just thought it would have been cool if it came into production. A nice looking car all around.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
---Murphy and Conner MacManus
rsxer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:17 PM   #3
RSX
AF Enthusiast

nice. That's a pretty mean looking car
Old 09-13-2003, 09:06 AM   #4
EMAXX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EMAXX Send a message via MSN to EMAXX
There are a ton of cars. I can't really think of them right now, but just to get started, Cien, a ton of GM stuff.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:22 AM   #5
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

dodge's aptly named "concept car" would have been sweet to see in production. it was such an amazingly styled car with such class, and it was quick... it would have been great competition with the roadster market with the audi tt and the 350z roadster.
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:13 PM   #6
RSX
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
it would have been great competition with the roadster market with the audi tt and the 350z roadster.
Sorry man, but the GT90 is in Mclaren F1 territory (Top speed of about 240 mph & 0-60 in around 3 secs)
Old 10-07-2003, 12:01 AM   #7
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Re: Which concept vehicle do you wish came into production, but didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX
Sorry man, but the GT90 is in Mclaren F1 territory (Top speed of about 240 mph & 0-60 in around 3 secs)
lol.. what're you talking about? I'm not talkin about the gt90.. the gt90's not even a dodge, it's a ford. I'm talking about the concept car... it's actually named the copperhead, but i figured since 1/2 of you are teeny boppers who play gran tourismo, it's called the dodge concept car in the first gran tourismo. But yeah, it would have been a great addition to todays roadster market. It was a 220hp v6 roadster, which only got 0-60 in 6.8 seconds, but with a larger engine (it's only a 2.7L v6) like maybe a 3.0 or 3.5 they would be able to compete with the other roadsters, and contribute the exotica factor of it's unique body style.

http://www.conceptcarposter.com/chry...Copperhead.jpg

check that baby out.. wow.. she's beautiful
Old 10-07-2003, 05:08 PM   #8
RSX
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Which concept vehicle do you wish came into production, but didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomInMyVeins
lol.. what're you talking about? I'm not talkin about the gt90.. the gt90's not even a dodge, it's a ford. I'm talking about the concept car... it's actually named the copperhead, but i figured since 1/2 of you are teeny boppers who play gran tourismo, it's called the dodge concept car in the first gran tourismo. But yeah, it would have been a great addition to todays roadster market. It was a 220hp v6 roadster, which only got 0-60 in 6.8 seconds, but with a larger engine (it's only a 2.7L v6) like maybe a 3.0 or 3.5 they would be able to compete with the other roadsters, and contribute the exotica factor of it's unique body style.

http://www.conceptcarposter.com/chry...Copperhead.jpg

check that baby out.. wow.. she's beautiful
OMG!!! I feel so stupid. Yeah, I knew about the copperhead. Sorry about that!! I got confused
Old 10-12-2003, 07:40 PM   #9
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

it's all good... wasn't tryin to insult u.. but does anyone else agree with me on that car?
Old 12-12-2003, 06:49 AM   #10
molina_aitor
AF Enthusiast

Cadilac 16 would be a nice production car. Or the volkswagen nardo. And the coolest staion wagon of all times the volvo VCC. i think thats what its called. Another great one is the honda dualnote.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/aut...p-977442c.html

http://subtle.org/se/pictures/cars/nardo-big.jpg

http://www.motoforum.pl/311/vcc01.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1...e.f3-4.500.jpg

molina_aitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 07:35 AM   #11
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Yeah.. I'm thinking not. I believe a w16 is a lot better of an idea than the v16. v16's have been tried before. This is not the first. i just don't think that it's as much a production ready car as it is just a car to show that GM still has some good ideas coming out.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:58 AM   #12
molina_aitor
AF Enthusiast

Well i dont know about the whole car but the engine is production ready. there is a running V16 engine. it has 1001 HP. It is esentialy two gm V8 that are welded at the crank. The engine was designed on computer so it was easy to build and design. If you want to know more, it was all in an article in Car and Driver about engine development
molina_aitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 12:55 PM   #13
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

What I'm trying to say is it sounds too irrealistic. 1000hp at a crank that's being pushed by 16 pistons and is as long as a telephone pole. I understand that it obviously works, but it seems like it wouldn't be a very reliable engine, and there'd be many problems down the line.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:57 PM   #14
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

also with that much heat being developed by the engine block it seems it would be hard to keep the engine cool for a long powerful drive.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:30 PM   #15
Iman de las chicas
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Iman de las chicas

To start, all cadillacs can suck my left nut. (caddy 16, and cien?) Anywho, the concept car i wish could make it to production is the ford 49, and the mazda ibuki. That would be cool.
about the GT90, it is a sweet looking car, but i doubt anyone would pay 800k for a ford, and its white. bla. i am quite pleased with the GT, and i am glad they left it at that.
Iman de las chicas is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts