Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
fordjay16
AF Enthusiast

Skyline Gt-r R35

This is the next gen gt-r and rumors have it coming to the usa finally!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gtr1.jpg (11.2 KB, 76 views)
fordjay16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
fordjay16
AF Enthusiast

another pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gtr8.jpg (10.2 KB, 70 views)
fordjay16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 01:43 AM   #3
Lundvang
AF Newbie

Re: Skyline Gt-r R35

No, you are very after. Thats far from what finally went to be the R35.
Lundvang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 12:15 AM   #4
hondagod_666
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Skyline Gt-r R35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundvang
No, you are very after. Thats far from what finally went to be the R35.
do you have any new pics of the r35 gt-r. and does anyone have any pics of the new supra. i've seen some pics, and the ones i saw were dispicable, but if i'm not mistaken, i was browsing this forum or another one and saw a pic of a new supra (that looked production ready) and it was simply gorgeus. rumors of the powerplant were a single turbo inline 6, pumping out almost 550bhp. i would like to know if anyone has any good pics of the new skyline or supra. long live the 93-95 supras.
hondagod_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:12 PM   #5
molina_aitor
AF Enthusiast

I have a question for you guys. I love skylines. Today when i looked at the new topgear mag. They said that the new skyline was out. They drove it. But it was just an Infiniti G35 coupe that was badged as a skyline it was the GT-t model so i dont know if it will change for the GT-R. Personaly i find it ugly (G35 that is) the concept is awsome and is a good evolution for the skyline beter than the G35 rip off. post some info if you guys get any
molina_aitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 08:46 PM   #6
MStout
AF Regular

What a good way to wreck a beautiful car. Companys need to lay off the futuristic shit. Just like the new Mitsubishi Galant. That got ugly as hell!
MStout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:50 PM   #7
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Just to let you guys know...The New Skyline is not R35...is V35...And NISMO had claimed that they will not use GT-R34 in races anymore but instead using Z33
And maybe that means they are not making anymore GT-R...

Last edited by YukiHime; 12-14-2003 at 01:13 AM.
YukiHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 05:09 PM   #8
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

the supra said it was a choice ove a v6 or a v8 with 400hp... i dont know where you got the turbo idea... i havent even heard of that one... and yes the g35 coupe is called the skyline gts-t.... every seen the rear lights of the coupe? see the circle shapes... u get the point and why would it be a "rip off"?? its the same company
ghetto7o2azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 08:11 PM   #9
DeadCoffee
AF Newbie

I agree with cooling it with the futuristic look. For now, I think the R34 look is the best so far and the concept is just horrible. I love Hondas, and to me (and probably not you :P) the R34 looks like a pimp Honda. It's a dream car with everything you want (well... most). If I ever got an R34, I wouldn't even think about putting a kit on it, it just looks perfect to me.
DeadCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 06:19 AM   #10
molina_aitor
AF Enthusiast

Look what i meen by a rip of is that the skyline deserves a better replacement. It is one of the best japanese cars ever and now they come out with that ugly replacement.
molina_aitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:35 AM   #11
Big Block Bob
Banned

That new Skyline is such a rip-off. They're trying to yuppy it up so all the yuppies go out and buy one.
Big Block Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:41 PM   #12
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Skyline Gt-r R35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadCoffee
I agree with cooling it with the futuristic look. For now, I think the R34 look is the best so far and the concept is just horrible. I love Hondas, and to me (and probably not you :P) the R34 looks like a pimp Honda. It's a dream car with everything you want (well... most). If I ever got an R34, I wouldn't even think about putting a kit on it, it just looks perfect to me.
wtf the skyline is a nissan not a honda

and also i think this is bold of nissan, they also went futuristic with the 350z (z33) n everyone likes it.. and for sure they will keep the skyline tradition, no way they will kill the skyline after 10 generations (the infinity g35 is the 11th generation which is currently the skyline 350gt coupe) there is also the skyline gt / gts-t / 250gt / 350gt etc..
the new gtr probably isn't going to use the rb26 engine but i hope they know what they're doing when they put the engine in.. they won't use the engine that is used in the r390 gti because it cost $1,000,000 just for the engine whatever the first letter of the engine is.. thats what the skyline class is going to be called.. the r34 used the rb26dett n the current skyline uses the vq35de so its called the v35 but currently there is no v35 gtr NO SUCH THING TIL THE CONCEPT IS DONE

and i don't know about the supra using a v6...... the supra used a inline 6 for the past 2 generations or something.. a v8 is very probable.. and if it does use a V8 i hope it gets around 340hp base without turbo then 450+ with stock turbo/turbos
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:50 PM   #13
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto7o2azn
the supra said it was a choice ove a v6 or a v8 with 400hp... i dont know where you got the turbo idea... i havent even heard of that one... and yes the g35 coupe is called the skyline gts-t.... every seen the rear lights of the coupe? see the circle shapes... u get the point and why would it be a "rip off"?? its the same company
the g35 isn't the gts-t its the 350gt look it up
its 350gt because of the 3.5 liter engine
go on nissan.co.jp and look it up

O HEY LOOK AT THAT
http://skyline.nissan.co.jp/REPORT/JAPAN/index.html
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #14
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by molina_aitor
They said that the new skyline was out. They drove it. But it was just an Infiniti G35 coupe that was badged as a skyline it was the GT-t model so i dont know if it will change for the GT-R. Personaly i find it ugly (G35 that is) the concept is awsome and is a good evolution for the skyline beter than the G35 rip off.
The Infiniti G35 Coupe is the Skyline GT350 Coupe in Japan. The GT-R concept shown in 2001 is based on the Skyline coupe, sharing the same FM platform. The production GT-R will likely be the same way, with different styling and drivetrain changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiHime
Just to let you guys know...The New Skyline is not R35...is V35...And NISMO had claimed that they will not use GT-R34 in races anymore but instead using Z33
And maybe that means they are not making anymore GT-R...
The new Skyline sedan and coupe are designated as V35. NISMO's JGTC GT500 class R34 GT-Rs have been replaced by modified Z33 Fairlady Zs. The new GT-R's launch has been moved back to 2008 for Japan. The US and Europe could get in in late 2008 or early 2009. The GT-R will probably return to the JGTC at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxthuggie
there is also the skyline gt / gts-t / 250gt / 350gt etc..
the new gtr probably isn't going to use the rb26 engine but i hope they know what they're doing when they put the engine in.. they won't use the engine that is used in the r390 gti because it cost $1,000,000 just for the engine whatever the first letter of the engine is.. thats what the skyline class is going to be called.. the r34 used the rb26dett n the current skyline uses the vq35de so its called the v35 but currently there is no v35 gtr NO SUCH THING TIL THE CONCEPT IS DONE
There are no turbo Skylines at the moment. There are the 300 GT(VQ#)DD: 260hp), 250 GT(VQ25DDD: 215hp), 250 GT+4(awd ATESSA-ETS drivetrain), 250 Gte, and the +8 models with the '8-speed' CVT transmission.

The RB-series engines were discontinued in 2002. The VRH35L used in the R390 is likely out of production as well.

The chassis desgnations have nothing to do with the powerplant used. The R30 and R31 Skylines used FJ-series engines at first until the RB made its debut later in the R31. The Z31-33 Fairlady Zs used both VG and VQ engines, nothing with a 'Z' in them.

The 'V' designation comes from Nissan having to create a new moniker for the Skyline, since the Skyline and GT-R names were to be separated. The 'R' is likely being kept in reserve for the GT-R.

There are no current pictures of the upcoming GT-R. Hiroshi Tamura, Nissan's product planner for the R34 GT-R and the next model, says that the production car will not look like the concept. He also says that the next model will have to make a large leap forward in every area. Tamura compared Porsche stepping up to the 996-chassis 911 from the 993, and Ferrari replacing the 355 with the 360, and said 'we must make an even bigger leap.'

Expect a VQ powerplant of unknown displacment. Rumors are that it will have an electronically-assisted twin-turbo system. Legendary engine builder Cosworth is using a special process to build stronger VQ blocks for the GT-R. Lotus is said to be aiding development of handling characteristics. The sighting of a possible GT-R mule, a Skyline Coupe with hood cutouts(to cool a turbo powerplant?) and a large rear wing at Lotus HQ in Hethel, UK suggests that testing has already begun.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:30 AM   #15
molina_aitor
AF Enthusiast

Thanxs for the info. One question where di u get this info from?