Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 03:13 PM   #1
TOM TUTTLE
AF Newbie

Unhappy Stalls When Not Given Gas

I Have A 1995 Caravan Which Runs Really Well When Given Gas. It Stalls At Stop Lights, Breaking Around Corners, Etc. Italways Starts Right Back Up, But Continues To Stall Depending On Driving Conditions. I've Had The Map Sensor Changed With No Luck. Put Carb Cleaner In It With No Luck. Sometimes The Check Engine Light Comes On, Sometimes It Doesn't. I Need Direction For Next Fix. Don't Want To Spend Money Blindly.
TOM TUTTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
vipergg
AF Enthusiast

Re: Stalls When Not Given Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM TUTTLE
I Have A 1995 Caravan Which Runs Really Well When Given Gas. It Stalls At Stop Lights, Breaking Around Corners, Etc. Italways Starts Right Back Up, But Continues To Stall Depending On Driving Conditions. I've Had The Map Sensor Changed With No Luck. Put Carb Cleaner In It With No Luck. Sometimes The Check Engine Light Comes On, Sometimes It Doesn't. I Need Direction For Next Fix. Don't Want To Spend Money Blindly.
Sounds like a dirty IAC motor , you should have this pulled off the throttle body and cleaned and or replaced if cleaning doesn't clear it .

Here is another site and sounds like your problem , and they also say to check the IAC . http://www.2carpros.com/topics/iacvalve.htm
vipergg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 07:10 AM   #3
TOM TUTTLE
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Stalls When Not Given Gas

[quote=vipergg]Sounds like a dirty IAC motor , you should have this pulled off the throttle body and cleaned and or replaced if cleaning doesn't clear it .

Here is another site and sounds like your problem , and they also say to check the IAC . http://www.2carpros.com/topics/iacvalve.htm[/Q

ANY IDEA AROUND HOW MUCH AT A GARAGE THIS WILL COST ME? I'M JUST CURIOUS. $50, $100? BECAUSE I'M NOT A MECHANIC.
TOM TUTTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:38 PM   #4
Chimster
AF Newbie

Well, and IAC motor for my 1996 Voyager (2.4L 4cyl.) is $94CAD
Chimster is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager