Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #1
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Occupant seat sensor

Ok i just got this vehicle a couple months ago 2008 ford escape XLT 4wd seemed like a pretty decent vehicle up until the last few weeks when i would have a passenger in the vehicle the dash AIRBAG light would come on no passenger NO light, so i got to looking into things and noticed the issue could be a sensor under the seat so i took it to the dealer and was told that it was a occupant capacity seat monitor and it looked broken and the part was non serviceable and i needed to buy a new seat cushion to the tune on 3100 canadian dollars well i called ford canada and was told that due to the mileage of the vehicle there was nothing that they could do even if were a safety issue and that their hands were tied and NO help could be rendered so i went back to the dealer and had a talk with the parts guy and he said he didn't see an issue with me putting a used sensor in but i needed to get the right part number, so i pulled the seat out today got the part number 8L84-14B422-AE i have looked online and found a few but the part number was 6L84-14B422-AB and before i put out 150 for the sensor i was wondering if anyone knew if these parts were compatible.

Thanks in advance (car is parked till i get it repaired)
Old 10-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Re: Occupant seat sensor

okay i got the OCS switched out but the light still comes on if there is a passenger in the seat so i am wondering it i have to have it programmed by the dealership it is the exact same part number but is out of a 4cyl hybrid and i have the 6cyl 4wd
Old 05-02-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

OK well it seems like this is a dead subject so i dusted off my credit card and bought a scan tool that can diagnose the airbag light but when i go and scan it it says there are no DTC'S in vehicle memory so i an at a loss as to what is triggering the light to come on only when i have a passenger in the vehicle the airbag dummy light comes on by the speedometer when i have a passenger in the seat but not on at all when the seat is unoccupied, will check it again later but i am stumped asif there is a light it needs to have an error code..

also i may have fixed the intermittent oil light on the dash as well it took my the better part of the afternoon but i got a new switch installed as mine looked like it had oil seepage but the oil was black as night with only 1300km on it so i don't know what ford put in there but i don't think they changed the oil when i asked them too..now the oil is clear as glass and it full synthetic high mileage with a new filter so i will see how things go from here i know that is done properly but just needs a new drain pan bolt next oil change
Old 01-30-2019, 07:49 PM   #4
Goza
AF Newbie

I have the same issue on an 04 .
Goza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:42 AM   #5
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

i found out it was the seatbelt Pre-Tensioner mine had the wire routed wrong and i had a short to ground whenever anyone got in the passenger seat it pulled the wire tight and and shorted out on the seat bracket so i did what my mind told me to do and dis-assemble it and re-route the wire and put a piece of electrical tape along the length and haven't had an issue since been about 8months now but ford service tech says i should bring it to them to repair at $140per hour i said no and still up in the air if i want to trade it in

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid