Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
seen_bawl
AF Newbie

Unhappy Oldsmobile 2000 intrigue error code need help

i have Oldsmobile 2000 intrigue i take the car to smog it today but it didnt pass because one monitor still off after i drive it 150 Miles no check engine on

i had some error code before P0410 and P0440

i already fix this code P0410
now for the code P0440 on the code scanner machine orange light what mean its pending didnt show up yet - maybe coming soon

after i back home i said let me scan the car again because i change the fuel cap i got tow more errors wich i dont understand it and i dont know it i hope someone had this problem before to tell me how to fix it

the new error code is
C0046
C0051

waiting for any help thanks a lot
seen_bawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
fhofstra
AF Newbie

Re: Oldsmobile 2000 intrigue error code need help

Found this information on the internet, from "Generic OBD-II C Chassis Trouble Codes"
at http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_cod...ssis-codes.php

C0046 - Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (EBCM)
C0051 - LF Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (EBCM)

Hope that helps. You can search the internet for more info on each of these.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Tech II
AF Fanatic

P0410 was for secondary injection air, which is usually the pump or circuit controlling it.....

P0440 is a small evap leak....was that fixed?....the normal fix is a gas cap, but it can also be a small leak anywhere in the system......you cleared the code(you don't say if this code was fixed).....by clearing codes, you reset all the emission flags......now a "drive cycle" has to be performed to make all the flags run their tests, and pass.....The P0440 has not run and passed yet......try this, start the car cold in the morning....let it idle until normal operating temp is reached......then take it out on the highway....accelerate/decelerate several times.....come to a stop....then repeat again on the highway......then check to see if the P0440 has run and passed....

Those "C" codes should have turned on the ABS light....those are seperate problems...."C" codes will have to be cleared with an ABS scan tool(I think Autozone has one....they'll do it for free)....clear those codes to see if they return....if they do, they will have to be fixed before inspection....those can be speed sensors or harnesses, or if there is water intrusion, both have to be replaced.....the sensors are part of the hub/bearing assembly....expensive....do not get those cheap hub assemblies....I guarantee you will be doing the job again....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
seen_bawl
AF Newbie

thanks for answering me

i reset the computer and drive the car 135 miles

this tow error code has been gone
C0046
C0051

even the error code P0440
i change the gas cap

but what it come back is P0410

i replace the secondary air injection with a new one and i replace the fuse and when i smog the car before tow day this error didnt show up everything was ok / didnt pass smog because one monitor was not on yet

i check all the hoses everything is ok i do smok test to see if there is any leak there is nothing but tell this moment i dont know why P0410 keep coming up after 130 miles always

at the code scanner i see C and AV the code P0410 show twice the first one said freezeframe the second one said pending

is there anything i can change to fix this code

another thing when i recive the secondary air injection it dont have the cover i mean the tap i use the old one i have can someone told me what the right name for it or the number for it or add a photo to the tap part here is a photo

Old 11-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #5
seen_bawl
AF Newbie

this is what im looking for dose anyone know where i can get this part or any info about it like the part number

Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Couple questions....in your first post, you said the P0410 was fixed....now your last post says it wasn't....that's why you have a CE code and the monitor problem......

Does your Secondary air pump run? It should run when you start the car up cold(it's length of time depends on the coolant temp sensor reading)......if it runs, does it blow air?

If it does blow air, is the isolator valve being commanded open and sending this air into the exhaust? If you have access to a scan tool, when the pump runs, the O2 sensor should show a lean condition, when the pump stops running, the O2 sensor should go rich or vary.....

That part is part of the air pump? Looks like the inlet?
Old 11-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
seen_bawl
AF Newbie

yes sir first time when i take it to smog the error P0410 is gone and P0440 was Pending the car didnt pass smog because that monitor was not ready yet

after i reset the computer i drive the car again the error P0440 and C0046 and C0051 is gone by it self but the P0410 is back i dont see another error

i tern the car on the air pump work for almost a mint

now i need to drive more 130 miles to see what gona show up ill support my next post with photo from the code scanner

and here is tow photo from the smog result

Old 11-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
seen_bawl
AF Newbie

i do everything you said the air pump is working
yes p0410 didnt show before 3 days it was p0440
yesterday i drive the car again p0440 is gone but p0410 is back

this morning after i read your post i reset the computer and went out for drive , i drive 125 miles, i scan the car it show me P0440 Pending i dont know where is the problem and how ever i change or fix parts around the air pump those errors dont wanna go

here is the scanner photo

Old 11-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #9
Tech II
AF Fanatic

OK, let's get an understanding here.....

EVERY TIME, that you clear a code, this RESETS all "monitors" or "flags" in the emission system......this means, the hard code that is showing on your scanner/code reader, has been cleared.....

Now, this means that every flag or monitor has to run a test, and pass it, so that there are no codes set, and there are no pending codes.....

In order to do this, you have to drive a COMPLETE drive cycle.......if it is not completely driven, that mean, some of the tests either were not run, or not completed......in such a case, there are no hard codes, but there will be what are called "pending" codes......these are just potential codes that have not been completely run and passed....If one of these pending codes eventually runs and fails, then a hard code is set.....if they all run, and pass, then there are no codes, and there are no pending codes, and all the "flags" are "OK"....

It looks like the P0440 test has not run, and thus is pending......

If P0410 is set, even though the pump runs, the O2 sensor data has to be observed to see if the exhaust is lean when the pump is running...if it isn't the air diverter valve has to be checked....
Old 11-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #10
seen_bawl
AF Newbie

it resets all the monitors the code is cleared after i do the reset
i did the reset the monitors again this morning and install new diverter valve, the check engine show up at 156 miles today same error P0440
i order tow O2 sensor today
and i made a handy clean machine to clean the fuel injector im trying everything i can to get raid of this error, ill clean the fuel injector tomorrow i might get the error by luck i hope that

i start thinking that P0410 & P0440 are connected to eachother some how
thank you so much for answering and helping me ill keep you with the new updates tell i fix this error code
Old 11-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Tech II
AF Fanatic

OK, I give up.....someone else take a shot....
Old 11-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Ok first thing. I would stop clearing the codes. If you do stop clearing the codes and the check engine light goes out, you know you fixed your problem. Secondly, Tech II asked if the P0440 problem was fixed. Was it? How was it fixed? New gas cap? That may not fix it.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
seen_bawl
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkvons View Post
Ok first thing. I would stop clearing the codes. If you do stop clearing the codes and the check engine light goes out, you know you fixed your problem. Secondly, Tech II asked if the P0440 problem was fixed. Was it? How was it fixed? New gas cap? That may not fix it.
for p0440 gone after i change the gas cap
but p0410 cant fix it tell now

trying everything i see online any ideas and solutions ill try it this is my third month trying to fix the error code P0410

now the error code P0410 show always at 18 or 20 miles
Old 03-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #14
Port Jeff Pete
AF Newbie

I have just bought a 2000 intrigue with 65,000 miles on it back in may 2013.
I purchased the “mini ELM 327 obd module and installed the OBD Check Torque app. this can also be installed on a tablet. a major help on seeing what he engine is doing while my wife drives around. lots of sensor reading in real time.

ps you can also clear codes at any time.... to see how long before they come back....
Port Jeff Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue