Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Fpcwrestler
AF Newbie

Red face 2001 infiniti i30t coolant is spraying

Hi my coolant is spraying on both the driver and passenger side. not to sure where its coming from as everything is green from the coolant. I will clean everything up this weekend and try to pin point the leaks. But my question is what can be causing this and if it can be fixed on my end or is this something I should be leaving to the professionals. I was very low on coolant yesterday so the engine ran a little hot I did get more coolant and not it is running normal. What can cause this and can this be fixed fairly simply?:
Fpcwrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
danielsatur
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2001 infiniti i30t coolant is spraying

Was the coolant spraying on the inside, or outside?
danielsatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2001 infiniti i30t coolant is spraying

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsatur View Post
Was the coolant spraying on the inside, or outside?
Cabin = wouldnt notice if outside.

My guess is leaking cabin heater core. Swapping it means dismantling the whole dashboard: youll become a pro after doing that. However, not knowing the history, it can also be leaking hose (normally cannot). Check out.
Main issue is NO DRIVING before the engine coolant is leak free and gets normally pressurized. This means separate procedural bleeding from ALL air bubbles; most repair shops havent got a glue here. If it is not properly done, future is 'pain full'. FILLUP AFTER LEAK IS NEVER NOT ENOUGH. Air bubbles and/or low coolant means SURELY blown head gaskets - possibly blown engine... (in happy cases (?) this 'may be postponed' some 20k miles - but will happen)

3gen maxima has the computers sitting under the cell, will be fried.
See my CDomain coolant pages to get the idea, clic below.

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote