Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stephenp
z31 another project

Well I recently picked up another (much better conditioned z31 (87)).
So far all I've done is a muffler delete and an air filter. Its currently an na.. But Ive got a turbo motor, ecu, engine crossmember, and electronic suspension I'm going to put into it...
I also have a fidanza flywheel, act 4 puck clutch and heavy duty press. plate, monster t3t4 turbo, huge intercooler, 450cc injectors, apexi neo afc, apexi savcr boost controller, 3" manderal bent exhaust, polyurethane bushings, walboro fuel pump, sard fuel pressure regulator, hks ssqv, wideband o2 sensor and gauge, exhaust gas temp gauge, boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, leather seats out of an 88, and I modified the engine mount to allow the turbo to have a straight intake... Also all gauges (other than boost controller and neo) are all autometer siler faced procomp autolite series gauges...
The list just goes on and on....
Im going to try and get my buddie to take some picks so I can post them....
I also have the rims off my 50th ann on it with a wing from my 86 (abs hard plastic)

So hopefully pics soon... Ill make him take pics of my garage of car slaughter....
stephenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: z31 another project

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenp
Well I recently picked up another (much better conditioned z31 (87)).
So far all I've done is a muffler delete and an air filter. Its currently an na.. But Ive got a turbo motor, ecu, engine crossmember, and electronic suspension I'm going to put into it...
I also have a fidanza flywheel, act 4 puck clutch and heavy duty press. plate, monster t3t4 turbo, huge intercooler, 450cc injectors, apexi neo afc, apexi savcr boost controller, 3" manderal bent exhaust, polyurethane bushings, walboro fuel pump, sard fuel pressure regulator, hks ssqv, wideband o2 sensor and gauge, exhaust gas temp gauge, boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, leather seats out of an 88, and I modified the engine mount to allow the turbo to have a straight intake... Also all gauges (other than boost controller and neo) are all autometer siler faced procomp autolite series gauges...
The list just goes on and on....
Im going to try and get my buddie to take some picks so I can post them....
I also have the rims off my 50th ann on it with a wing from my 86 (abs hard plastic)

So hopefully pics soon... Ill make him take pics of my garage of car slaughter....
pics of something you have created would be nice.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Well this weekend I got my electronic suspension and springs on.. talk about a world of difference...
hopefully if all goes right I'll be doing the motor swap this weekend.....
Which means the 3" exhaust, ecu, clutch & flywheel, and engine cross member would also be swapped...
I guess we'll see b y this time next week....
And once I stop slacking I'll be getting pics....
So till next time...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:55 PM   #4
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenp
Well this weekend I got my electronic suspension and springs on.. talk about a world of difference...
hopefully if all goes right I'll be doing the motor swap this weekend.....
Which means the 3" exhaust, ecu, clutch & flywheel, and engine cross member would also be swapped...
I guess we'll see b y this time next week....
And once I stop slacking I'll be getting pics....
So till next time...
I don't believe it!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 04-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #5
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Believe it..
Swap is complete... Engine, cross member, t3-t4 turbo, 3" turbo-back exhaust, clutch, ecu, ssqv blow off, and I also eliminated a few odds and ends while I was at it...
Also I took my 280zx out... That thing is quick..... I took my buddy with me.. He said it sounds like a mac truck.... lol...
Wistle wooosh wistle woooosh.....
As you all may remember I used to have a 300zx turbo lots of mods... ran a 9.189 1/8th mile with a sleepy .779 rt and a shitty as all hell 60' time (probably slower than stock..) And blew my clutch out on the launch of that pass ... But what my point is is that my 280 running the 6-7 psi stock boost was quicker than my 300zx running 12lbs (many mods nothing internal to the 300 and fully built 280zx (1500 in the head alone) running a stock turbo on the 300 and a turbonetics t3t4 550hp on the 280.......)

Any rate on a funny note my buddy said his friend has a hatch (civic) with a b18c1 (jdm gsr) he thinks would keep up with the 280?????
lol my 300 would beat it he admitted it but quote in my 280 he could keep up... the irony is my 300 couldn't think of keeping up with the 280 lol

ignorance is bliss.....
Old 04-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #6
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

worded that a little weird I see
My buddie that road with me and the one that said his freind would keep up are 2 different people...
My bad....
Old 04-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #7
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Only ignorant because you will not hold up your end of the bargain with pictures.I only said I didn't believe to encourage you to get some flipping pictures online. You do not have a camera phone? either one of your buddies do not have a digi cam? nothing?
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 04-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #8
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

well heres the deal... friday I yanked the clutch out of the 280 saturday I did the engine swap and found out that I had to remove the downpipe and refab a bend so I called it a night at 10... got there at 9 in the mourning... (stock 300's are so different than one I molested...)... sunday I got there and fabbed the entire exhaust and hooked up the radiator changed thew oil (after several prestarts on clean oil...).. and hooked up intake tubing.. Also had to install wastegate.........tricky...
Also this turbo Is a wistler....... nasty wistler.... .48 ar intake (brand new garrett) and the intake is t4 .60 ar....., (supposedly a 50lbs compressor...)(its huge in comparison to the stock one thats for sure.....).

so I didnt even have time to think about pics.... They'll be here soon... Allthough my buddy had his phone it was being stupid because it wasnt giving free nights and weekends..................

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)