Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
Skatulaki
AF Newbie

2002 Monte SS Dale Earnhardt LE

Hello new to forum,

Recently bought #1749 out of 3,333 in non running condition, got my work cut out for me. Car suffered an intake manifold explosion by a previous owner, along with a tree in the windshield cratering it, along with a previous owner cutting out the wheel wells and removing all the plastic in the wheel wells. ( can anyone say "dumbazz" )
Anyway getting some help from Monte Carlo forum but while doing some research I got lead to here.
At the moment I cant get the engine to crank over, so as I progress further into this project, and having to continue deeper into it, I find myself wondering if maybe instead of replacing the plastic intake, a couple fuel injectors, and some wiring to put it back original, to instead either A. Convert it to the Firebird/Buick style Aluminum intake, or Supercharge it with 04, 05 parts. It was discussed on this site many years ago that the Supercharge can be done. However, there was quite a list of recomendations, less compression, trans, etc. Are such issues really important when it comes to everyday driving? I'm not looking to race or compete with it, mostly preserve it, but if I can improve it a little bit, why not? If I stick to the 4 inch pulley it shouldn't be too much strain should it?
Thanks, Exploring my options!
Skatulaki is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion