Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Uplander
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
Wubs
AF Newbie

Stereo Harness Connector pin-out

Does anyone have the Stereo Harness Connector pin-out for a 2008 Uplander? Or a wiring schematic will do (I can just tap into the wires I need).

Thanks in advance!
Wubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: Stereo Harness Connector pin-out

Is it equipped with rear radio controls? If so, the wiring is different. Is it a standard radio or XM/digital radio?
Old 10-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
Wubs
AF Newbie

Hi, Blue Bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bowtie View Post
Is it equipped with rear radio controls? If so, the wiring is different. Is it a standard radio or XM/digital radio?
The existing GM stereo has XM radio in it.
I have Steering Wheel Controls.
I have the rear climate controls through the DVD player (my van is an Extended 2008 SV6 - I'm in Canada - should be identical to 2008 Uplander Extended).

Thanks for your help!
Wubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:41 AM   #4
woscarr
AF Regular

I just purchased a 08 Uplander that I will be installing a Alpine IVA-W205 DVD head unit.

I will need to use Pac Rp5-gm11 Radio Interface and PAC SWI-JACKv1 Steering Wheel Control Interface and PAC GMRVD Overhead LCD Retention Cable for GM Cars With Rear Seat Entertainment and a double din dash kit. SiriusXM SXV300v1 Sirius XM Satellite Radio Tuner Kit/Alpine.

Almost $ 500 worth of stuff just to get the alpine integrated with the uplander, not to mention I will be changing the 4 speakers with alpines and adding a single 10 alpine sub and 2 9' dvd screens on the head rests and a backup camera.

Follow up..
Well I ended up getting the PAC radiopro 5 which incorporates steering wheel controls and all the other stuff, the overhead lcd retention cable didn't fit my 08 uplander (40 down the toilet). Also ended up installing 7" dvd screens and they barely fit on the head rests so forget 9". And I got the 4th (cener overhead) dvd screen working by using a 15' A/V cable hidden through the roof and connecting to external inputs on the dvd player with rca 90 degree adapters.

The PAC radiopro 5 was the biggest expense costing about 190 from a US source on ebay, locally they wanted over 300 for it ! Very easy to install and programming the steering wheel controls worked the first time, although the default program settings wasn't working for my Alpine, programming was easy.

Cheers
Wayne.

Last edited by woscarr; 01-11-2016 at 06:41 PM.
woscarr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Uplander