Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
BowNaxe
AF Newbie

97 Burb Still misses

First time post...reading for the last few hours and have a lot of good ideas and keep coming up with... plugs, cap, rotor, wires or worn dist gear and my biggest fear is the intake manifold.
INNOVA Digital OBDII code reader produced the P0301. Found very corroded #1 pin inside cap...thinking easy fix at this moment.
I've replaced cap, rotor, plugs (not AC), swapped #1 with #7 wires (new Bosh set last year) cleared code and fired it up. Idled like a champ, no codes... 2-3 minutes of idling and miss appears with P0301 code again. Cleared code, restarted and idled fine until throttle applied then miss and code were instant.

I've read a ton of you guy's post and advice, so I'll go to the Auto Hobby Shop here on base to work on it inside a warm space since it's a balmy 20* outside and retrace my step and check that distributor gear wear/slack and see what happens then post my results.

Any suggestions before I go?

Thanks,
Keith

Well... changed out the usual suspects (cap, rotor, plugs, wires and air filter), cleared P0301 code. Started and purrs like a kitten for the first minute and then the miss and P0301 code is back!

Only noticeable difference is a rattle in the first muffler. Y pipe w/cats and 4 O2 sensors replaced last year. Now I really need some help!

Last edited by BowNaxe; 01-06-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Update
BowNaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
grease_monkey1975
AF Regular

Re: 97 Burb Still misses

Check your fuel pressure, may be an issue there since it does it when you push throttle. Also clean your maf if you have one. Lastly check your compression on that cylinder maybe a lifter/valve issue like gmtech said earlier.
grease_monkey1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grease_monkey1975 For This Useful Post:
BowNaxe (01-06-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
BowNaxe
AF Newbie

Re: 97 Burb Still misses

FIXED AT LAST, FIXED AT LAST... Compression good in all cylinders, Spider Injector replaced and solved the problem. By the time the part arrived my suburban started missing on #8 cylinder too! Don't mess around repairing one once you are in there it's worth it to bite the bullet and replace the whole thing. Pricey part but I found a re-manufactured one w/warranty for $199.00
Check them out at: http://www.injectorwarehouse.com/
BowNaxe is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
1997 , cel , misfire , p301 , suburban
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban