Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 09:53 PM   #16
armarm1
AF Newbie

Re: Truck stops accelerating

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cdr View Post
Sounds like it is going into "limp" mode. Happened to me intermittently for a few days then it flat quit paying attention to the throttle. I took an hour in very annoyed heavy LA traffic (I got off the freeway in time) to go the 5 miles to my shop - I was lucky to be so close. Throttle body assembly had basically fallen apart & the computer could see that the throttle didn't do what it was being told and went into limp mode. replaced throttle body assembly - cant remember what else as this happened several years and a 150000 miles ago. Not too unhappy as the truck had 200K rough miles on it, and its still going at 360K. Early 2002 model bought new. The poor truck really works for its cookies as I do a lot of 4wd mountain dirt roads.
The latest things we have tried are cleaning the electrical in the pedal that didn’t work so we replaced the accelerator pedal sensor, that didnt work. Today I purchased the throttle body. So we’ll see how that goes.
armarm1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
acceleration , envoy , losing , power , slow
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy