Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #16
AzMedic25
AF Newbie

Re: 3.1 runs when cold then dies, won't restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryr12 View Post
i had the problem with 3.1 and it was a ground in the injector by the oil cap unplug that injector
and the car runs no stalls plug the injector in car dies try it and see
Thanks jerryr12, that is exactly what it was. After unplugging the injectors I could reach it ran fine other than sluggish. Plugged in the back left side injector and ran better, plugged in injector by oil fill and it immediately died. Changed the injector and runs fine now. I appreciate all that helped me on this issue and hope that someone in the future can use this information to help them.

Thanks!!!!
AzMedic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #17
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Re: 3.1 runs when cold then dies, won't restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMedic25 View Post
Thanks jerryr12, that is exactly what it was. After unplugging the injectors I could reach it ran fine other than sluggish. Plugged in the back left side injector and ran better, plugged in injector by oil fill and it immediately died. Changed the injector and runs fine now. I appreciate all that helped me on this issue and hope that someone in the future can use this information to help them.

Thanks!!!!
I'm glad to see that you got it running, but nobody really explained why. Let me take a stab at it. +12V is applied to one side of all injectors. When the PCM (or ECM) wants to energize an injector, it applies ground to the other side of that injector. The faulty injector you removed must have had a short right through it, so that every time it was energized, it dragged its +12V rail to ground, which dragged all the other injectors +12V to ground, effectively killing the engine. Am I close?
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote