Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Vibe > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
Trekkie78
AF Newbie

Programming Key - 2008 Vibe

Hi Folks,

Need some help - not even sure if this is possible...

I bought my 2008 Vibe used. The dealer only had one key (car was a repo). I'd like to get a spare key, in case anything happens to the original.

The master key I have has a chip in it - I can't just cut a new key for the car.

I went to my GM dealership, and the Parts guy told me a new key would cost $50, and they would program it for me, free of charge. So I paid the $50 and ordered the key. I picked it up last night - there was a different guy working the Parts counter. He cut the key for me, but when I told him the other guy said programming would be complimentary, he said that's not the policy, and I'd have to pay between $60 and $100 to get it programmed!!

I called back this morning and spoke to the original guy. He told me over the phone to put in the original key, turn it to ON for 10 seconds, take the key out, put in the NEW key, turn to ON for 10 seconds and the key should be programmed. Didn't work. If that didn't work, the guy said I'd have to pay them to do it.

I don't want to have to pay those yahoos $100 to program my key... does anyone know how to program the key for a 2008 Vibe?
Trekkie78 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
2008 , key , program
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Vibe > General Discussion