Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Rally
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 08:29 AM   #1
Marco_Wrc
Rally Fan

3 rally year books, which one to buy?

Alright, time to buy a book. I expanded my budget to buy 1 rally year book but which one?

These are the 3 to choose from, can anyone give me a good suggestion which one I should take or is there an even better book?
Rally Yearbook 2002-2003
Pirelli World Rallying 25
Rallycourse 2002-03: The World's Leading Rally Annual

I've never bought a rally yearbook before so I can't tell which one is the best. With best I mean quality of pics, not quantity of pics.
Marco_Wrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 10:02 AM   #2
freakray
AF Modelrater

Did you buy Rally Cars yet?

Other than that, I would have to know who is the author and editor to give you my overall opinion.

Right now I think the Rally Yearbook 2002-2003 would be my choice....
Old 06-17-2003, 06:00 PM   #3
RallyRaider
Zomby Woof

I religiously get Rallycourse every year, but the quality had gone downhill of late.

Haven't seen the latest Pirelli book. I recall they are a smaller format and have more comprehensive statistics than the others.

If you could only have one then I'd say the Rally Yearbook would be the one to go for. Haven't seen the 2002 issue either but have 2001 issue and it is pretty good. I'll make a closer comparison tonight and get back to you with respect to picture quality and detail shots etc.
RallyRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:01 AM   #4
Marco_Wrc
Rally Fan

Did you buy Rally Cars yet?
You sir, have an excellent memory I haven't bought it yet. It's not at the top of my wishlist, though it should be I hear you say. It will ofcourse be more difficult to get this book as I wait longer. Maybe if I work a little more overtime I can order it as well.

I religiously get Rallycourse every year, but the quality had gone downhill of late.
It's the most expensive one of the three, though that's a bad argument to say it's the best.

Haven't seen the latest Pirelli book.
It covers more than just the WRC. As the title says, it covers rallies all over the world. I concentrate only on the WRC to be honest, so I think I'll drop this title.

If you could only have one then I'd say the Rally Yearbook would be the one to go for.
Photography by McKlein, so I think the quality is good.

Haven't seen the 2002 issue either but have 2001 issue and it is pretty good. I'll make a closer comparison tonight and get back to you with respect to picture quality and detail shots etc.
Thanks Phil.
Marco_Wrc is offline   Reply With Quote