Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Rally
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 05:07 PM   #1
Luka3000gt
Banned

Talking A special guest (Hi, newbie!!!)

HI, Newbye!!!

I'm new in the rally forum, I'm an Italian boy(Lancia's home,ndr).
And I'm going to speak about a very very cool and special Lancia that I think all of you will know.....
But from the begin...
Today I went to a local Hill climb on road (one of the less important and also out of championship) and there weren't only the actual racing cars, but also the hystorical ones......
I watched the list of the hystorical cars and there weren't very lovely and rare cars listed (apart from a Lotus Europa Special and a Alpine A110)And after the passage of stupid machines like the anglias and the old fiat 500s I heard a very high sound Which seemed like the Ferrari dino's one and when I saw it my heart exploded:
guess what was the car?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
It was AN ORIGINAL LANCIA STRATOS GROUP 4 red and white with yelow rims. You know, it's my favourite car of ever and it's much
more beautiful in the reality (and activity) Than in the photos.
After the second manche, I went to the closed park (where are parked the cars for the technic tests) and I taked 14 photos of her (only because the photos finished).
It's more than a car: in front of her there was a Martini alfa romeo 155 DtM and I didn't saw it because my eyes and my brain were for the Lancia.
The rear wheels of the car (produced only by pirelli, the unique on that size), are enormous, about 40 Centimetres, and when I saw it down, in the valley, it was on the trailer, but it was strange, the left rear wheel was the half of the other one because with the original ones the car didn't went on the trailer, it was too large, consider that with that small wheel, she entered pefectly in the trailer Whitout any centimetre in the sizes, the wheels were in contact with the end of the two (I don't know the word, but I'm sure you've understodt) of the trailer.
Nice baby, Huh?
In three days I'm going to take the photos back and after having scanned them I will post them in this post.
Hear you soon.

Luka3000gt

Luka3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 05:10 PM   #2
Luka3000gt
Banned

Correction: the wheels are LARGE 40 CMs, that number isn't the diameter of the wheel.
Luka3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:16 AM   #3
Guido
AF Enthusiast

Looking forward to the pics

Welcome to the Rally section of AF!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote