Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 04:24 PM   #31
jules
AF Newbie

you know what?

I am a pleased BMW owner. HOWEVER, If you are concerened about the price/performance ratio, I would have to tell you to look at: (gasp!) a subaru wrx. If you arent willing to pay up to buy an M3, The WRX is the next best thing. Not the 330. Oh the shame.
jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 09:15 PM   #32
JPA
AF Newbie

You know what? The WRX is simply not in the same league as Audi or BMW when it comes to buidling a finely "crafted" automobile, and that is what I want in my next car. Frankly, the WRX can't hold a candle even to my 99 New Golf build quality, when you look the car over carefully.

YES, it has all that horsepower and torque (above a very rough 3000 RPM threshold) and the handling is rather impressive (comparable in my experience to the A4 sport set-up).

I am just not the kind of guy to redline it and drop the clutch at all the stoplights, and that seems to be the way to "extract" the goodness of the WRX when you read the reviews.

I am a firm believer that it isn't how fast you go (or how quickly you get there), but how WELL you get the job done, and how satisfying the experience is along the way. Drive the WRX. Sit in those cheap seats and feel the plasticky switchgear. Then you will know.
JPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:20 PM   #33
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i would much rather get the 3 than the WRX but the good thing about the WRX is that it uses a boxer engine, that's a good quality engine. Only subaru and porsche use that type of engine because it costs more to make
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 04:41 PM   #34
bedheadfred
AF Newbie

I have a 2000 323ci and my good friend has a 2001 WRX. I think that the quality of the BMW is definitely better, but for the money, the Subaru is a much better buy.

The quality is more than acceptable and impressive at times (great momo steering wheel) and the performance is amazing. You do have to rev the crap out of the engine and the torque at low rpms is horrible, but hey, its a different engine with different character.
bedheadfred is offline   Reply With Quote