Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 08:07 PM   #1
benz162000
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to benz162000
BMW, Toyota or Saab

Hey,
I am looking at three different convertibles. Let me know what you think is the better car

BMW 325
Toyota Solara SLE V6
Saab 9-3
Thanks
benz162000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 12:05 AM   #2
hermunn123
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hermunn123
umm, no competition here. gotta go with the 325.

Please impede from anathematizing me just because I elocute loquacious locutions more Brobdingnaging than one could elucidate with a perspicacity as Lilliputian as your own.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 08:02 AM   #3
Russ
AF Newbie

No contest...

325 all the way, man! They don't call it the Ultimate driving machine for nothing. No other car in that class will give you the same "driver/car relationship" than a bimmer. After a month of daily driving, you develop a sense of what a driving experience really is. And that experience gets stronger and stronger each time you get in the car. **FACT**The 3 series sets the standard and all the others try and keep up.
Of course you'll only get biased opinions like mine, in a BMW forum.
See what the Toyota and Saab forums have to say.
I LOVE MY 328IS.
Good luck...
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 01:42 PM   #4
nzhuk98
AF Newbie

I bought my first BMW (2001 325Ci) in July and realized that all this marketing hype about Utimate Driving Machine is actually true. Since than I had to drive other cars on a few occasions and that was a painful experience.

I don't know about Saab, but Toyota ... It's a way out of BMW league.
nzhuk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 02:44 PM   #5
Russ
AF Newbie

I got my first bimmer in 1997. A 328is stick, with the Sport package.
I often travel for business and I have the luxury of renting expensive cars. I've tried Lexus, Audi, and Saab. (Usually don't rent American cars). My bimmer was by far, the most fun car to drive. If you're looking a good bleng of quality, performance, luxury, and style, then you gotta go with BMW. And the BMW dealers are top notch across the country. I think the price is reasonable for what you get.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:05 PM   #6
Russ
AF Newbie

MY RIDE...AND JOY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc_044.jpg (78.1 KB, 310 views)
Old 11-20-2001, 04:23 PM   #7
F20C
AF Enthusiast

325 is a good choice in this case.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 05:19 PM   #8
axboi2001x
AF Newbie

Got to be the 325...but if you had extra dough I would definitely hope you can get a 330. The Camry is quite slow, and is nowhere as head-turning as the other cars. As for Saab...how can you believe in a scandinavian convertible where the sun doesn't even come out that much? Beemer is the winner, no doubts~
axboi2001x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 06:38 PM   #9
benz162000
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to benz162000
Got to be the 325...but if you had extra dough I would definitely hope you can get a 330. The Camry is quite slow, and is nowhere as head-turning as the other cars. As for Saab...how can you believe in a scandinavian convertible where the sun doesn't even come out that much? Beemer is the winner, no doubts~

Thanks for you reply. I just have a few question ???? Is there some dramatic difference between the 330 and the 325. The only thing I have noticed is a few things come standard... Next question... Have any of you heard anything about the Saab, toyota, or BMW that is good or bad??

Thanks
benz162000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 06:41 PM   #10
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by axboi2001x
Solara have some TRD support that make it pretty fun. I don't think Germany have that much sun either.
Old 11-20-2001, 06:42 PM   #11
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by benz162000

Thanks for you reply. I just have a few question ???? Is there some dramatic difference between the 330 and the 325. The only thing I have noticed is a few things come standard... Next question... Have any of you heard anything about the Saab, toyota, or BMW that is good or bad??

Thanks
The engine is a big difference. Other than that you can make it up with package.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:15 AM   #12
Russ
AF Newbie

I would go for the sport package and the manual transmission, if you go with the BMW. My BMW dealer gives you a loaner BMW when your car is in the shop. And they're usually automatic and without the sport package. And the difference is like night and day. It definetly wasn't as fun to drive. For a few extra dollars, it's worth it. Maybe try and test drive both models. Have you test rode any models yet?
Old 11-21-2001, 01:28 PM   #13
chak22
AF Newbie

BMW = superior

One interjection, lumb-bar supports (back supports on the lower back portion of the seat) are not offered with the 325. But everything else is superior for example the seal on the convertable top (although it depends on teh local climate and fluctuations), after 5 years you will thank yourself for going with the BMW. Again I am a biased voice.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:59 PM   #14
hermunn123
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hermunn123
Russ, what kind of wheels do you have?? they are nice

Please impede from anathematizing me just because I elocute loquacious locutions more Brobdingnaging than one could elucidate with a perspicacity as Lilliputian as your own.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 03:20 PM   #15
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

the BMW no comparison!!!!

the solara doesn't even come close.... and the saab is FWD, not even close to as much of a fun car

the BMW blows them right out of the water
you should go test drive them all and decide for yourself. You'll see that the other 2 don't even compare to the bimmer's fun driving experience and quality
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series