Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 03:08 PM   #1
Twalle
AF Newbie

Smile 2021 Acura RDX A-Spec or 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti

Looking for a new 3 year lease. Both are beautiful cars so I’m torn which to pull the trigger on. Any opinions?
Twalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:47 AM   #2
knightjp
AF Regular

Re: 2021 Acura RDX A-Spec or 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti

One is a Japanese car maker with a considerable history of reliability and the other is an Italian car which has a reputation for unreliability.
It all depends on you and what is more important.

With the Acura, you will have really good reliability, and durability. You will have really good performance, however there will be the question of driving dynamics. It won't be as good as the Alfa.
The Alfa Romeo will give you better performance and driving feel. Every journey in it will be an event. I am saying this as someone who owned an Alfa Romeo before.

Alfa Romeo knows how to make a car perform - briefly. For those few moments when everything is working and the car is at its absolute best, there is nothing like it.

If someone is a "car guy" you cannot be a true car person without owning an Alfa Romeo. They are just magical.
If it was my money, I would pick the Alfa Romeo. However I would not recommend one to a friend because of Alfa's reputation with reliability.

In my case, I didn't find my Alfa unreliable. It actually kept running and running to the point that at one time, it was the only car in the family and everyone was using it. I would use it and go to work, then my brother would use it and then my dad, etc. It was just run into the ground basically and added the two accidents that it had, it lived a hard life.
But still I would only suggest someone buy an Alfa; knowing fully well what to expect in the time to come.. Don't buy an Alfa because you think it will be as reliable as the Acura. Only buy it because you really, really want the Alfa.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons