Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Golf
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 07:41 AM   #1
Mossern
AF Newbie

Angry VW Golf GTD 2.0 MK7 2013 - Blowing cold air

Hi, i have a problem with my 2.0 golf GTD 2013.

For a long period of time iv'e tried to figure out what the problem might be. The drivers side is blowing varm not hot air but warm, the passenger side is blowing cold air. iv'e tried to change the Heater Matrix (the little radiator next to the pedals to the right) but with no luck, i was about to take out the HVAC motors for the flaps, but before that i tried to see if they rotate and both of them did so i dont think its at fault.. maybe i'm wrong on the flaps. The next thing i want to try is flush the coolant system and change the Thermostat. The motor is stable at 90 degrees when im driving so it might not be the thermostat but by now im trying everything. I live in Norway so its pretty cold here.

Every tips and tricks would be appreciated alot and many thanks to any help
Mossern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 01:56 AM   #2
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Re: VW Golf GTD 2.0 MK7 2013 - Blowing cold air

Based on your description, it sounds like there may be an issue with the blend door or actuator that controls the flow of hot and cold air in your Golf GTD. This can sometimes cause one side of the vehicle to blow warm air while the other side blows cold air.

Before flushing the coolant system or changing the thermostat, it's best to have the blend door and actuator checked by a professional mechanic or VW dealership. They will be able to diagnose the issue more accurately and recommend the necessary repairs.

If the blend door or actuator is found to be faulty, they will need to be replaced. In some cases, it may be possible to perform a recalibration of the blend door actuator to reset its position and fix the problem.

In the meantime, you can try adjusting the temperature settings to see if that makes any difference. If one side of the vehicle is consistently blowing cold air, it's possible that the air conditioning system is stuck on that side. Try turning off the air conditioning and see if that improves the airflow from the passenger side vents.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Golf