Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #76
taliesen
AF Regular

Re: 1/12 Testors Lamborghini Countach

Sorry, sadly, no progress lately - had a number of things tear me away from the hobby for the last 9 months or so, and I'm just starting to get back into the groove of building. I've been working on a 1/20 F1 kit that's been half-started for a while to get back into it, and once that's done I hope to get to the Lambo - it's the furthest along of any of the 10 or so in progress builds, and right now I could really use that kick from finishing a kit!

I will definitely come back and finish out the WIP when I start building again.

Current projects:
1/12 Testors Lamborghini - http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=930745

Completed projects:
1/12 Porsche 934 Turbo RSR - http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=933988

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
taliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #77
XZNTRK
AF Newbie

Nice build so far any updates ?
I just won a Doyusha 1/12 Lamborghini Countach LP 500S on ebay so I'm interested in your build thread.
XZNTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #78
corvettekid_7684
AF Enthusiast

Any more progress? I am also going to be starting mine soon. Not sure if it has been mentioned, but this LP500S version is the "Walter Wolf" special. Wolf did have the 5 litre engine installed in his cars, hence the 500, which is a bit different from the factory LP500s...I have an Entek (Otaki) LP400 and the Testors LP500S versions, and plan on building the LP400 first...essentially the same kit with different wheels/tires and the added body flares/spoilers. I plan on building it like this one...

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/cars/...%20Litre%20V12
corvettekid_7684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #79
taliesen
AF Regular

I'm flattered by the interest expressed in this build - sadly, I haven't done anything else with it (apart from procuring a third copy of the kit, this one in a partially built condition, to provide spare parts). The body from this build is still sitting in a giant plastic container with alcohol in it. It's a bit too cold to paint here lately, so maybe I'll use my hobby time to get the rest of this one fully stripped and ready to respray. I do know it's a pain in the butt to keep the bare chassis dust free!!

Current projects:
1/12 Testors Lamborghini - http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=930745

Completed projects:
1/12 Porsche 934 Turbo RSR - http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=933988

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #80
corvettekid_7684
AF Enthusiast

Could you tell me which scale size set of PE parts you bought for it? I am also considering using some PE parts wherever I can for this one...
Old 01-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #81
taliesen
AF Regular

PE sheet is Acu-Stion 1/12 - I had a link to it in post #9, but it seems to no longer be available at Media Mix. It's not really a full PE set, just emblems - I want to say it was about $40 USD or so, and all I'm using is the hood emblem, 5 emblems for the wheels and steering wheel, and the 3 script pieces for the rear deck. Nothing else really works for this kit, so it may not be very cost effective to grab it.

Also, I did discuss some of the differences between this kit and a real 500S in the first post - agree this is definitely a WW special.

Current projects:

Completed projects:

Old 01-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #82
countach79
AF Enthusiast

gotta get my hands on 1 of those etch sets aswell but i cant find either

just started this kit myself
Old 01-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #83
corvettekid_7684
AF Enthusiast

Shoot. I couldn't find the 1/12 scale ones either. I'm basically looking for the items that that set includes. I was just clearing up the WW 500S vs Factory 500S for anyone wondering about the naming in more detail. Apparently the factory didn't trust the original 5 litre prototype version of the engine and thus changed it to 4 litres. Wolf convinced them to put the 5 litre engine in his cars, which supposedly held up just fine...
Old 01-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #84
eyckles
AF Enthusiast

This is my all time favorite car. I have one in 1/24th scale, but it is nothing against this one. Great work and nice detail. Can't wait to see more.

Lesley
eyckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #85
waspsrfc
AF Newbie

Hi Jonathan,
I'm in the middle of restoring my Testor's LP500S. It didn't survive the divorce intact. I need 3 parts to finish it.
  • G-20, the left rear grill
  • O-1, left and right side marker lights
Anyway we can work out some kind of a deal if you have the extra parts?

Thanks,
Gary
Old 03-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #86
taliesen
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspsrfc View Post
Hi Jonathan,
I'm in the middle of restoring my Testor's LP500S. It didn't survive the divorce intact. I need 3 parts to finish it.
  • G-20, the left rear grill
  • O-1, left and right side marker lights
Anyway we can work out some kind of a deal if you have the extra parts?

Thanks,
Gary
I will need to dig out the 'junk' kit box I grabbed for spares and take a look, but won't be able to do that til this weekend. I'll PM you and let you know if I have them to spare.

Current projects:

Completed projects:

Old 11-02-2018, 01:11 AM   #87
XZNTRK
AF Newbie

Old thread. I know, but did you ever finish ?
XZNTRK is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street