Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
SpinIt22
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Get Your Extended Warranty Online

Just recently I was checking out extended warranty prices from local dealers, Galaxy Toyota and Freehold Toyota in New Jersey and realized I that they were really taking advantage of consumers with their list prices that are marked up a good amount. So after searching online and I found a site that gave me a much better deal. Figured I'd share should anyone around here be looking for a good price on a warranty.

I am coming to the conclusion that buying your warranty online you save money due to the discount that you recieve off the list price. Maybe the high mark-ups are reduced due to the decreased need for people power, I dont know, but whatever it is its good.

My words of advice here are Don't by from the dealer, but rather buy online from whatever site you may find and you will be sure to save. After doing an extensive web search I found this site thats offering good deals on Toyota warranties for purchase online http://warranty.actontoyota.com Needless to say I purchased a warranty from that site for my car. I have to say I was kind of skeptical about buying my warranty online at first, but the site was pretty user friendly.

All the Best.
SpinIt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
usedranger
AF Newbie

Re: Get Your Extended Warranty Online

This subject is sure to provoke much discussion. Cars today are designed and made to go well past 100,000 miles. Many manufactuers have reccomendations for spark plug changes starting at 100K. My last new car had that instruction {domestic big 3 auto}. And did not required anything but routine maintenance (except for the fuel pump done under the regular warranty at 35K) up to more than 80K miles over 7 years. It is unlikely I would have used an extended warranty ( I don't have the car now). You may be better off putting the money aside in the event of a major repair instead of purchasing an extended warranty from the dealer or online. The same for rust proofing if you live in a rust belt state. Of course others may have had different experiences.
usedranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Get Your Extended Warranty Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinIt22 View Post

I am coming to the conclusion that buying your warranty online you save money due to the discount that you recieve off the list price. Maybe the high mark-ups are reduced due to the decreased need for people power, I dont know, but whatever it is its good.

My words of advice here are Don't by from the dealer, but rather buy online from whatever site you may find and you will be sure to save.
All the Best.
Not necessarily. If you do decide to purchase a warranty online or wherever, one must thoroughly research the company offering the warranty. Check the BBB fir complaints and other online opinion sites. Read through all the fine print of the contract to see what you , the customer, are liable for, what is covered, and what isn't, and where can you get the service, (i.e. any place you choose, or do you have to choose from a list of repair places authorized by the warranty company.) There are many companies out there offering warranties with bad track records, including non payment, or refusal to cover warrantied services, bankruptcy, and a difficult process to make a claim among others.
As stated by usedranger, most people are better off putting the money that was ear marked for the warranty into an interest bearing savings account that they could tap into should an event occur that would require money to cover a repair. If in doubt, check the track record of repairs for your vehicle to determine if you should look into an extended warranty.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
toyota car warranty , toyota extended warranty , warranty
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > General Discussion