Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
dagdaenigma
AF Newbie

'04 Malibu Maladies

Recently had a problem with the gear shift lever sticking and locking up. Had to open and close doors and sometimes that would work. Brought the car in to have them work on it and the problem did not seem to be a surprise to the dealship. There was apparently a TSB on the problem that of course they do not like to share with their customers. I also have thumping sounds when the car begins to move and also on left and right turns. The thumps have become more frequent so I will be bringing it back in again. Fortunately I purchased an extended warranty which has more than paid for itself. Also, now the passenger side front door is making a klunking sound when opened and almost sounds like it is moving down slightly. Brakes have always been a problem and so has the medial steering column which has had to be replaced twice. After my experience with the '03 Malibu which had a tendency to shut itself off whenever it felt the need I am beginning to reconsider whether I want to actually purchase another Chev Malibu......... Every car has its problems and there is no perfect car but I may look into Japanese cars for my next vehicle when my 100,000 mile warranty runs out. I am sure that many of you out there have had the same or similar problems. Anyway, I have vented so I can drive my Malibu with all the klunking and other bizzare sounds to work tomorrow.

Patrick McLaughlin
Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
wpbharry
AF Regular

Re: '04 Malibu Maladies

There are TSBs out on all of these well-documented problems. (Sorry, have been out of town since 9/3).

Lesson learned: DO NOT BUY A FIRST-YEAR ANYTHING!!!
wpbharry is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu