Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #16
mcsautomotive
AF Newbie

"The toggle switch is not obvious - it is not screwed into a fitting. It just hangs there behind the plactic cover. I''ll try and get pictures for you but are you sure you have the passive alarm?"

Is this information that is in the GM service manual? I have the same problem and would like to find this toggle switch. I can't seem to find any information on it in my ALLDATA system. Where did you find this info.?
mcsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:20 PM   #17
wvnatv
AF Newbie

Re: passlock on 2000 malibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by markqc
Checked with my co-worker and car does not have keyless entry, so I assume that would indicate no passive alarm??? I am beginning to wonder if it was just a loose wire/connection all along. If & when the problem arises he would probably rather disconnect the anti theft if possible.

Thanks,
Mark
I have bought an after market remote starter for my 98 Malibu. Sometimes when I use the remote start the pass lock will activate and the car will not start for 10 minutes. I had the remote starter replaced and it still happens so it is my pass lock system that is the problem. I was told there is no way to disable this system. Anyoune have any ideas?
wvnatv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #18
markqc
AF Regular

I checked the manual that came with the car and it seems on the 2000 Malibu (Canada) that all cars are equipped with Passlock which is described as "Passive Theft Deterrent System" So I guess that means there should be a toggle switch. If anyone can help us to locate this toggle switch to disconnect the passlock it would be greatly appreciated by myself and I'm sure many others.

Thanks,
Mark
markqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:24 PM   #19
BigFig15
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BigFig15
My dads malibu has the same problem. He looked for the toggle switch and so did i. We both couldnt find it. Do u have to pull up the carpeting behind the brake pedal and that hard plastic too. Or is it higher up inside the dash?

A pic would be really great if possible
BigFig15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
chevymalibugrl91
AF Newbie

Re: passlock on 2000 malibu

I have a 2000 Chevy Malibu with the anti theft also but it has a kill switch. There is a small slot located under the steering column with a red blinking light when I stick the micro chip key thing into it it turns green and I can start the car. Is there any way to bypass this or get another chip made? Please help.
chevymalibugrl91 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu