Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #1
eric58
AF Newbie

2001 3.8 no crank no start

My battery was dieing so I took it out of the car and put it on the charge, trickled charge at 12/2 over night, put it back in the car and went to start it and it cranked once then stopped mid crank. The car beeps when the key is in the ignition but won't crank or start, radio won't come on, no head lights, no heat/AC. I know battery is fully charged. I tried bypassing the starter relay still no luck. I checked all the power distribution fuses and believe them to all be good (checked with lighted circuit probe). Something changed when tried starting after reinstalling the battery. Has anyone had similar issues? Any suggestions on where to look next? Thanks, Eric
eric58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2001 3.8 no crank no start

First, take the battery to an auto parts store and have it load tested. On a charger overnight does not mean it took a charge. If it is ok, the next most likely culprit is the ground/negative wire from the battery. Follow it down to the other end where it connects. The bolt for it likes to get loose and also tends to get oil and other gunk penetrated into the connection and not let the electrons flow. Unbolt, clean and retighten then see if the problem goes away.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 65comet For This Useful Post:
eric58 (01-30-2018)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis