Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
tattoodeziner09
AF Newbie

ECU Fried

After months and months of testing, different opinions and more tests I finally found out that my ecu is fried. The problem is that Mitsu. wants to charge me 1300 for a new one. I know that I've seen posts about rebuilding one and I have to apologize for making a new thread for this but I couldn't find the other threads. The reason for this post: is there anyone on here that either knows how or someone who knows how to rebuild an ecu?? Again, I apologize for ANOTHER thread about this, but I've looked thru pages and pages of threads for the info and can't find it.

Thanks for any help that you guys can give.
tattoodeziner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
toddrs93
AF Newbie

Re: ECU Fried

yes, we do ecu rebuilds,
email or call me
autovelocity@myactv.net
301-991-6501
toddrs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Dunno what year/model you have, but i have a spare 96 vr4 ecu, it should be compatible with any 96-99 vr4 or rt/tt. Let me know if you are interested
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Firebird1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Firebird1

also you can try these guy that I just found on line Foreign Auto Computer Phone number is 1-800-241-6689 not only they rebuild ECU but EMC. If you want to check them out for yourself. The Web site is www.foreignecurepair.com/ECMs_ECUs_3000GTVR4.htm They seem to be resaonable as price wise. I will let you know soon.
Firebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:38 AM   #5
tattoodeziner09
AF Newbie

I am getting sooo unbelievably frustrated. So I sent the ecu off for testing, just to make sure that it really was the problem, and find out that it's working perfectly. After talking with Seth at Autovelocity, he says that the next thing to test and check is my ISC motor. All that's fine and well, glad to hear that it's not going to be a 250 dollar ecu. My problem is that I called the dealership that ran the "diagnostic" and talked to them about it. Told them I sent the ecu off for testing and the results. They asked me what I wanted them to do about it. I told them that they charged me 120 dollars for a diag. and would like to know what's wrong. If not then I would like my money back for not solving the problem. Does anyone know if I have any ground to stand on for asking for my money back?? Also, if anyone else has ANY ideas as to why my 91 vr4 is running rich and choking itself, please feel free to comment. I am starting to run out of ideas and all the help that I can get is welcome.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Pressure test for boost leaks
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #7
tattoodeziner09
AF Newbie

Ok, so here's the update.... again, the ECU is NOT toast, it's fine and well. I just bought a new MFI relay and put it in and the car starts right up. The problem is that it stills blows smoke and wants to cut itself out. After talking with some people, I'm thinking that maybe there's a few problems all at once and it's throwing me off. THe problem now is that it stills runs almost straight fuel and wants to die. I'm thinking that maybe the IAC went out. Could anyone let me know what they think cause I'm starting really run out of ideas and my wife is wanting me to just get rid of the car. The other things that have been tested/checked are MAF, vaccum lines, injectors, ecu, MFI relay. When I had it to the dealership, the diag. computer was showing that the liters per minute were 150, which I know is WAY too high. Any thoughts??
Old 05-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
pr0ject01
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to pr0ject01

im not exactly sure whats wrong with your car, you didn't exactly say but I just changed my TPS and my fuel filter which solved the problem I have, which my car was dieing in neutral coming to every stop sign and red light..

maybe you could replace/check your power tr unit to see if that is bad because it controls most of the main power going to a lot of your switches and plugs (pretty sure...)

1991 Dodge Stealth R/t
pr0ject01 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth