Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
kim5872
AF Newbie

'94 Buick Roadmaster misfiring out of left exhaust?

Hello,

First off, I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the help they provide. You guys are awesome.
We are having trouble with our Buick possibly misfiring? It has dual exhaust and the noise is coming out the left exhaust pipe. The car also starts shaking around 45-50mph and seems as if it is going to give out. I do not know if the two things are related or if they are two separate problems. I have already searched through the forums to see if anyone else had this problem and if they have found a solution to it. What I have found so far is that there could be a problem with the wires arcing, an engine coil arcing, or what someone called an optispark (I am not sure what that is). IF anyone has any suggestions, input, or a different solution please let me know so I can get to the bottom of this quicker.

Thanks again,

Kim
kim5872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: '94 Buick Roadmaster misfiring out of left exhaust?

Optispark is not an easy system to work on.....wires and plugs are a nightmare to replace....

Are you losing coolant? The water pump could leak coolant out of the w/p weep hole, onto the distributor, taking out your optispark.....in order to remove the distributor, you have to remove the w/p(that's why w/p replacemant is usually part of a tuneup when replacing distributor parts)....

Would not allow just anyone to work on this system....they better know what they are doing.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote