Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > MG > MG Midget
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
chrissbee77
AF Regular

Starter Issue 74

First just bought this 74 midget .. 2 days.. I can only get it to pop-start.. I took the starter off and had it tested they said it was good, seemed good to me while being tested also (lucas) starter I think.. The previous owner had installed a push button bypass but it only clicked. so the mechanic at the shop told me to install a new one.. I did.. still only clicks from the solenoid does not engage the starter at all. IF i turn the little square thing on the starter itself then try to hit the push button the starter will grab for a second then nothing,,, I;ve never owned a MG and I have limited knowledge,, can do brakes starters and alternators on newer vehicles so.. Just looking for what I need to do to get it running... Also on a unrelated note. there is a little silver nob by the radio that when pulled out you can hear something inside the engine running ??? What is the purpose of this push/pull knob..
chrissbee77 is offline   Reply With Quote