Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
CrewChief44
AF Newbie

'02 Ram Tranny slips when cold

In the Winter, when it is nice and cold out, I occasionally have problems when I put my truck in Reverse... the problem is, the orange dot is on the "R" I touch the gas, and I just sit there... (Thought the pro's might like that "orange dot" terminology..haha... I apologize I sound like my mom when I explain that..haha)... I've been told it's a common problem with the front pump... Can anyone confirm this??

When I put it back in Park and try it again it seems to go... As mentioned it is ONLY when it is very cold outside and just "ocassionaly" happens.. Next question is: If indeed it is a pump in the front, does that mean the Tranny needs to be dropped to replace it, or is that something where I can drop the pan and get to it?? I've not had a tranny apart, but figure I can drop the pan and replace a part if possible.

Thanks!
CrewChief44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
fanworks
AF Newbie

Re: '02 Ram Tranny slips when cold

Here's a test. Next time you shift go to shift into gear, click the selector all the way to the right (Down to 1st) and then back to the gear. I've noticed that the line up for the selector gets unaligned in older Chrysler Products over time and you have to jostle it sometimes by going through the full range of the selections to push it back to where it should be. ('90 Acclaim did it, 90' D-150's is slight misaligned orange-dot to letter)

If this makes no difference, then its likely your original assumption.
fanworks is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10