Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 07:58 PM   #1
SsHaDyGt
AF Regular

Floor vents and vacumm control box

Hello, I have a 98 gtp 2 door with the electronic dual zone climate control. I can't get air to blow much out of the floor vents. I applied vacuum directly to the actuator and air came from the vents fine. It seems there is a box behind the glove box that controls the vacuum to each actuator. My question is, would the issue likely be with that vacuum distribution box or with the electronic climate box itself.

Thanks,

98 White GTP, N* TB, 3.0 MPS pulley, SLP headers, 1.9 Rockers, 105# springs, ZZP PCM, Flowmasters, GM performance Handling kit, FWI, GMPP springs, U bend delete, SSIC, Ported LIM, Autolite plugs, ported SC, 12" brake upgrade with slotted cross-drilled rotors,
SsHaDyGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Re: Floor vents and vacumm control box

I have the same car, and the same problem. Weird, huh? When I toggle through the settings for where the air should come out, I hear a click down below on the passenger side of the center console when it is attempting to direct the air down by me feet, but nothing changes and no air comes out by my feet. So I would also like a solution to this problem.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: Floor vents and vacumm control box

There are different kinds of systems....

Is this auto temp, or is this manual......

Some systems have what is called a solenoid box.....it has vac into the box and solenoids that open/close and send vac to each vac actuator......other systems have what is called a programmer.....

Basically, you check if there is vacuum to either one....if there is, but no vac out, then you need a schematic to check for a signal from the control head to each item...if you are not getting the proper signal(voltage), you need a control head......if you are getting the proper signal, then the programmer or solenoid box is bad.....

More often than not, the problem is there is no vac source going into either item......need to check for vacuum...usually the purple line in...in some cases it is black....start at the source, the engine.....they sometimes go to a vac reservoir....check if a line is cracked or disconnected....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix