Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
108kris
AF Newbie

Alero 3,4 water in oil

Hi all.
I have the question.
Is there anything else which can cause the wter to get to the engine oil that a head gasket or cracked engine head itself?

Mainly I wonder if there are heat exchangers anywhere like engine oil cooling or transmission oil cooling related to the same cooling loop as the engine.

I will probably be fixing it myself so I need to find out as much as I can before I start dismantling things. I'm not the mechanic but I know a lot abut it.

Thanks for help.

Excuse my English, I,m Polish
108kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: Alero 3,4 water in oil

Lower intake gaskets.....when you do this you are only a couple steps away, from doing a head gasket job(remove exhaust crossover and then the heads).....

So before doing an intake job, always double check the head gaskets first, so you won't be doing the same job twice.....

An easy check, is to get the car up to normal operating temp......safely remove the radiator cap/reservoir cap(you will need an adapter for the reservoir), and using a coolant pressure tester, pressurize the system overnight.....remove all spark plugs and disable fuel and spark(remove two wire power/ground connector from ICM, passenger side).....now have someone crank over the vehicle, while you watch spark plug openings in the engine.....if coolant comes shooting out, you have a head gasket problem.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero