Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
harryhh
AF Newbie

Do many used car dealers give warranties?

I'm in the market for a used car. I've contacted a few used car dealers about one of their cars and the warranty. Two of them said all of their cars were sold as is, and one didn't even answer the question about warranties.

Do many used car dealers give warranties?

Does it make a difference if it's a new car dealer, but selling used cars also?

Harry
harryhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Do many used car dealers give warranties?

It all depends on the dealer. I bought a used car once and it came with a 6 month warranty. At that time the car was 8 years old, so it was far from new. My last car was 4 years old when I bought it and it came with a 30 day warranty.

Even if a dealer does not offer a warranty there are companies out there where you can purchase a warranty on a used car, but they are not going to be cheap, and generally not worth it on a car of several years old.

It sounds like you are trying to purchase an older/cheaper car. Your best bet is to shop around and check any potential purchases out carefully while doing research on them before purchase.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:36 PM   #3
harryhh
AF Newbie

Re: Do many used car dealers give warranties?

Stealthee,

Good to hear that some of them still give warranties. Otherwise one would be much better off buying from a private owner. Less money, less battling, less aggravation, less sawdust, and less crooks.

I'm looking at vehicles generally between 2006 and 2011. Volvo V50, CR-V, and RAV4. I think it was the RAV4 AWD from 2008 on that didn't get the MPG that I want though.

I of course am looking for a better than usual deal and trying to keep the most that I would spend at $13,000. If I could get a good vehicle down around $6500 would be good.

Harry
harryhh is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A