Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 08:23 PM   #1
ryan1030
AF Newbie

on the verge

i am planning on purchasing a 2002 g20 sport with everything but the heated seats option (i live in NC ) i was wondering if anyone on this board lives in raleigh NC and purchased their infiniti in the area. i'm looking for a good deal on the car. also, what do most of you pay for the 2002 g20 sport, i've heard as low as 21k, i'm hoping to be around 22k, but i want to be reasonable when i sit down at the dealership. does infiniti have decent financing, or are the APR's high? any help would be greatly appreciated, i love the car i've test driven 2 of them. i just have to wait for a few more paychecks before i close the deal.
ryan1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 02:57 PM   #2
jimpats
AF Newbie

umm

hi ryan,
I just bought the 2002 G20 luxury without the sports feature the car is awesome.
Since it was my first car or first loan they were not able to offer me the routine 6.9% APR but they were talking to me on something in the range of 9% to 10% with my creadit history which i thought was good but had not seen any loans so far.
Also i took with me printouts from edmunds.com and showed it to dealer while the deal was going on ... so depending on things u pick up talk to them and dont say your price till u have seen how much can they do start by offereing to get last years model and see what are they willing to do on that one like i got 2002 but i started witha 2001.....
so check it out and let us know what happened .... btw i m in virginia ....
c ya later
Old 07-11-2001, 11:40 PM   #3
mrksn
AF Newbie

Hey Ryan,

<<what do most of you pay for the 2002 g20 sport, i've heard as low as 21k, i'm hoping to be around 22k, but i want to be reasonable when i sit down at the dealership.>>

I also just purchased an '02 w/ sport, splash, & cd changer (no heated seats) last week here in NJ. I got it for at $22.6k with a 6.9% for 5 yrs & $1k down thru the dealer who got the loan for me from a local bank. G20's aren't hot sellers right now, I believe there is a $500 rebate (may have expired?)... My advice to you is to listen to his first offer (don't let the sales person ask you for your price first) and then start with an offer of $21.5k and don't go over 22k.. I think now that I coulda gotten mine even lower since there were 12 G20's on the dealer's lot, but hey its ultimately up to you how to negotiate...

<<does infiniti have decent financing, or are the APR's high? >>

I got my credit report first, so I knew what shape my history was like.. I got pre-approved on the Infiniti website but the 1st dealer I went to told me that was only "Tier 2" which is %7.74.. if you wait 'til Infiniti & IFS starts running specials on the G20, you can get it as low as %5.9 for 60 mo, %4.9 for 48, and so on..

My tip for you and any other prospective G20 buyer to educate themselves thru these forums here and checkout www.carbuyingtips.com for an A-Z guide on car buying.. Good luck with your purchase and let us know how you made out!
mrksn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:42 AM   #4
primera_gte
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to primera_gte
credit unions

if any of your family members belong to a credit union or are government employees you should qualify for a credit union. their rates are usually lower than the standard bank rate. infiniti financing rates are very low for a japanese car. remember they're looking to move the g20s. carbuyingtips.com is a great site.

primera_gte is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General