Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 01:15 PM   #1
kaz555
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to kaz555
NSX in the newyork/Connecticut area

is there anyone in the new york/connecticut area that could contact me and take me for a ride, im 16 and do not have the luxury of going to a dealer, and they are not going to let you drive it unless you put 1000 dollars down payment, (thats what the dealer said). so please contact me at and let me know. Thanks alot

Last edited by kaz555; 03-01-2010 at 10:33 PM.
kaz555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
VS_Acclaim
AF Newbie

Re: NSX in the newyork/Connecticut area

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz555
is there anyone in the new york/connecticut area that could contact me and take me for a ride, im 16 and do not have the luxury of going to a dealer, and they are not going to let you drive it unless you put 1000 dollars down payment, (thats what the dealer said). so please contact me at cashkaz555@yahoo.com and let me know. Thanks alot
Grow up, finish college, get a job and then maybe someone will allow you to sit in one... are kids today getting cheeky or is it just me?
VS_Acclaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:55 PM   #3
958Rocky
AF Regular

hahaha and your surpised they won't let a 16 year old drive an NSX? the downpayment part is them BSing you so they don't have a 16 year old wreck a 90k car.
958Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 02:34 AM   #4
rickysals
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to rickysals

Not to be an ass, but I really hope you reconsider... I read most of the other thread you started, and well, most people are correct.

Getting an NSX right now is not the best idea.

Greenwich is another world from ohio where I live though, the most I can afford is a $3500 OTD grand am. Granted I'm in design school, lol, so money is tight as I have to pay for everything I have. I don't know what it's like to have the option of an NSX as a young kid.

I do know what it's like to have your license at first and be a car enthusiast. I remember racing to 100+ mph in our non-sports cars, can't imagine what I would have done with actual power. I probably woudn't be here to type a message.

With basically unlimited to 100,000 money, as you seem to have )including tax and insurance) as a 16 yr old why don't you take a look at like a BMW3 convertible (not M3) or ssomething. There really is no sense in owning an exotic in highschool or college. it may get you laid once or twice, but honestly, if you need wheels to get girls, you need to re-evaluate yourself. You can get class and some speed without going the exotic route, you'll probably always have tho option for an NSX with thee kind of money in Greenwich, so just hold off until you're an experienced driver (20+ yrs old)

Good Luck kid, be logical. and on a sidenote, appreciate whatever you do get, because I know what it's like not to have money for these things, so consider yourself luckier than me. I do know some "rich kids" who beat the shit out of expensive cars and move on after they trash it... not befitting of a classic like the NSX. good luck
Old 04-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #5
kaz555
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to kaz555
i am pretty experienced, im 17, my life is driving manual transmisson vehicles, i feel i am pretty experienced, i have experiece with heel tip shifting, double clutching and etc,
kaz555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:09 AM   #6
KoHC
AF Newbie

Quote:
i am pretty experienced, im 17, my life is driving manual transmisson vehicles, i feel i am pretty experienced, i have experiece with heel tip shifting, double clutching and etc,
I guess you're missing the point other people tried to make. You can be an experienced driver, you can have the skill like F1 racers. Experiences isn't the reason why people wouldn't let you drive a NSX. The reason is simple, who will pay for the damages if something happens? What if someone run a red light? What if you lose control when trying to avoid something on the road? Sure, insurance might cover those, but the value of the car will drop. And who's willing to take that risk for a young, teenage stranger?

Wait til you're older and have money to buy a NSX, then go for the test drive. Until then, be happy with whatever car you can get.
KoHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:01 PM   #7
Rampart Crawler
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
You won't need to double clutch unless you are planning on buying a semi truck. Every 16 year old thinks they are a good driver until they get into an accident for driving stupid. If you have a lot of cash, don't get a NSX. Will they let you test drive a Vette? Costs $40k less and has over 100hp more to play with. Go kill yourself with one of those.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX