Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sedona | Carnival II
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
famlycar
AF Regular

09 kia sedona drain plug location?

Does anyone know where that drain plug is for the radiator? I see something under there that is a white plastic nut that has a phillips head on it. I want to drain the coolant and then add more that is clean. also, do I have to turn on the engine when draining and re-filling?
thanks
famlycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: 09 kia sedona drain plug location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by famlycar View Post
Does anyone know where that drain plug is for the radiator? I see something under there that is a white plastic nut that has a phillips head on it. I want to drain the coolant and then add more that is clean. also, do I have to turn on the engine when draining and re-filling?
thanks
Go to http://www.ebay.com type in your Kia Sedona radiator drain plug. They sell them and have a diagram of where it is located on the bottom of the radiator.
I wouldn't run the engine with the system drained. If you want to flush it pull the bottom hose and a radiator hose and flush until clean.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
famlycar
AF Regular

Ok. I checked ebay but it doesnt really show where it goes in the diagram. So I think maybe its on the side. I'll check.

Also, how often should a radiator be changed or flushed? and how do I know what condition the radiator is in? what is the average life of a radiator?
thanks.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok. I checked ebay but it doesnt really show where it goes in the diagram. So I think maybe its on the side. I'll check.

Also, how often should a radiator be changed or flushed? and how do I know what condition the radiator is in? what is the average life of a radiator?
thanks.
The diagram says item 7 bottom left side facing the radiator. The life depends on the antifreeze and and how frequently it is changed. When the car is overheating is the time to change it anti freeze lasts longer than it used to I think you should have 10 or more years left.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
famlycar
AF Regular

OK thanks. I went to the 2nd page and got a better diagram of its location. So, it is that plastic thing on the bottom with a phillips head on it that I originally thought. Thats really a strange looking drain cock. I don't know how Im going to loosen that without getting coolant all over my hand.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
OK thanks. I went to the 2nd page and got a better diagram of its location. So, it is that plastic thing on the bottom with a phillips head on it that I originally thought. Thats really a strange looking drain cock. I don't know how Im going to loosen that without getting coolant all over my hand.
Were rubber gloves.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sedona | Carnival II