Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 02:33 AM   #1
dantheman
AF Newbie

minor problems need help

i test drove an eclipse today and it was AWESOME i am pretty sure i am gunna get it. only problems with it are the gas pedal is unusually stiff at the completely nuetral position. almost tough to push down. after you get it down a bit it is generally easy to move. second the idle is a little off bouncing about 2-400 rpms from 1500-1900 or so and it is touchy on take off. the check engine light is on i beleive because of the idle. from reading i have done on the internet i beleive the idle would be the idle speed controller and i have no problem with replacing that. it has absolutely no mods. o BTW I LOVE THE FEEL OF THE TURBO SPOOLING AND KICKING IN THE POWER
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:40 PM   #2
mits
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mits
If the revs are going up and down it is the pressure you just need to tweak the blow off valve. Or there might be a hole in the pipes from your throttle to your intercooler or the one from the inter to the turbo. anyway this was my case when my car did that.
Old 03-25-2002, 09:55 AM   #3
dantheman
AF Newbie

was your check engine light on when yours was jumping. because the check engine light in the one i am buying is on. thats my concern. i am going to take it to a mitsubishi service department to have the engine code checked out. thanks for the input though.
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:13 AM   #4
mits
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mits
yeah the engine light was on.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:43 AM   #5
soyee7
Banned

Re: minor problems need help

what did the problem with your car end up being, i have the exact same thing going on with mine
soyee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:47 AM   #6
95eclipse-gsx
AF Enthusiast

this is a 2 year old thread... stop bringing back dead threads.. insted start a new thread... before anyone replys ... the mods better lock this one
95eclipse-gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 02:02 AM   #7
soyee7
Banned

sorry
soyee7 is offline   Reply With Quote