Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Freelander | LR2
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 06:03 PM   #1
B. Dean
AF Newbie

Question A/C Condensation "raining inside car"

I have a brand new 2004 Freelander SE.
The first time I turned on my A/C, water started to spit through the interior vents (the kid's think it's a cool option, i'm sick to my stomach) and poured from the passenger side footwell fan box. On fan speed 4, the spray hits the back seats. Upon inspection they found the drain tube was clogged and corrected. Problem persisted and much to our dismay, they pulled the dash and found a cracked drip tray that must have been damaged at the factory, they replaced and tested, appeared okay. The problem still persists. They claim they have never seen this before and are unsure of their next plan of attack and will be meeting next week. The car has 180 Miles on it, most of which has been from going back and forth to Land Rover Service. We are currently carrying rain gear and towels, you guessed it!...for inside the car. We have to maintain a sense of humor to get through this.

Does anyone have any idea why this problem still persists? Also, I have great concern about the water getting into areas, it never should. Our blower motor is screeching intermittently. Is there any other electrical components or areas that may suffer from exposure to this water as it flows from whereever into the car, I.E. Wiring Harness etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
B. Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:09 AM   #2
ggupstate
AF Newbie

I've had a similar problem (though nowhere near as severe). I have an '04 HSE. I was told something about a clogged drain something-or-other, too, and my problem continued. It seems to happen most when a) it's really hot outside, b) the fan is on High, and c) when I turn a corner. It's just now warming up good where I live, so we'll see if this returns this year!
ggupstate is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Freelander | LR2