Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
locust43
AF Newbie

Exclamation Power Sliding Doors That Caught Fire

I have a 2002 Honda Odyssey EX-L with Power Sliding Doors. I have had so many problems with the driver side door. When we were driving down the interstate the Power door started opening. We had that "Fixed", then I was at my child's school picking him up, I opened the door with the button and the door opened and he got in, as the teacher tried to close the door she pulled it hard and it popped back up. I tried to close it with the button and the door started closing and opening and then started making a whirring noise and the DOOR MOTOR CAUGHT FIRE!! The side of the door, the leather was on fire and had little flames and smoke. I called 911 from my cellphone and the fire Dept came and sprayed it with the foam stuff. I was told it was caused by a faulty wire that messed up when she tried to pull on it. Is this true? Should I sell the car.
locust43 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey