Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 12:44 AM   #106
gotbike78
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gotbike78
thats what I am talking about. You see the Skyline was built to be a super car. I am all about sleepers, I have a volkwagon that will kick you in the nuts too. The fact still remains that Nissan teases us by making statements that they will bring it over, then they don't. They have done that more than once in the last 10 years. My whole problem with the Craig Lieberman Experience and all thet APC Kids that follow him is that sticker kits and funny light bulbs don't make you fast. Nitrous when used improperly blows engines, that big Carbon fiber wing on that civic doesn't do a whole heck of a lot, and whoever said graphic kits were cool must have been partying with some 80's hair band. I know I will still go watch the movie, but the whole reason I started my shop is because I got so sick of all of the shops in St. Louis, Mo selling nothing but junk and charging way too much for labor. I know a guy who has a 94 Accord Ex who had a H22a Prelude engine installed by a well known shop here and they charged him $5000 to do a $3000 job. They told him he wouldn't have air conditioning or power steering. Can you believe that?!?!? I am sure that there are more shops like this one around the country too. It makes me very sad that The Fast and the Furious brought so much hype to our industry that it killed the quality of the products and the labor. One funny thing a friend of mine said to me the other day was that guys and girls that wrench in "Tuning Shops" couldn't make it in the real working as a mechanic. pretty funny huh.

Anyway I am stepping off of my soap box now. If you want good quality parts and prices with no BS visit me at www.advantagemts.com out site is still under construction so please don't ming the mess

Thanks

Andy
Old 10-20-2002, 01:24 AM   #107
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to blindwhite
go andy

Sounds good man. I would agree with you on the character of shops. if you think about it, they probably do that because they are bastards that want the money in order to puy those precious parts they need for their own cars which they dont have to pay 2000 dollars to get installed. I believe in profit, but not ripoff's.
I myself would like to make my old ass Accord EX a sleeping h22 supercharged monster. Sleepers are just the best, and even better when it's a car totally unexpected. Why put a kit and stickers on an M3 when it looks soo damn good already, right?
Old 10-20-2002, 03:26 AM   #108
gotbike78
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gotbike78
RIGHT ON!! (or a supercharged h22 91 Lx Wagon) heck yeah half way done with it
Old 10-20-2002, 02:16 PM   #109
BingBingMa
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BingBingMa
one car is missing from the fotos is a mr2, i would liek to see one of those, mebbe with a hardtop from japan to make the car less girly, and a 3gs up in the bakc instead of the ninny pussy motor the third gen has, like the A'PEXi mr-s has in jgtc
Old 10-20-2002, 06:15 PM   #110
akhedraki
AF Newbie

Why is the steering wheel on the right side? Is FATF 2 in Europe or something?
Old 10-20-2002, 07:59 PM   #111
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to blindwhite
huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by akhedraki
Why is the steering wheel on the right side? Is FATF 2 in Europe or something?
For what??
The Skyline GT-R?
Skylines aren't made here in the US; they are made in Japan.
Grey market cars in America? Yes.

heehe...Does that include the USPS mail mobile? Who makes those?
Old 10-21-2002, 12:18 AM   #112
Tha1AndOnlyDJT
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tha1AndOnlyDJT
What are all those bars around this car, they dont look like a normal camera rig.

Old 10-21-2002, 12:21 AM   #113
Tha1AndOnlyDJT
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tha1AndOnlyDJT
What Are all those bars around this car, they dont look like a normal camera rig, are they for some crazy stunt.

Old 10-21-2002, 11:45 AM   #114
rooskibar03
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to rooskibar03
Missing Cars

Here is a something for you all.

Shell Valley Cobra, in Nebraska has sold and delivered 5 Shelby Cobras to the FAF2 set in FL. 4 of the cars were bare bones, and the 5th was all decked out for close ups and for the "hero" of the flick to drive.

The salesman, who is a very close family friend, was told 4 of the cars would most likly be wrecked in shooting, how sad.

This puts an intersting twist on the the feel of the cars, getting a pure horsepower american classic like the cobra will be a nice touch to this movie.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:18 PM   #115
killa ganj
AF Newbie

Fast and the Furious 2 Pictures....are they real??

I don't know if it is just me, but the last Fast and the Furious was based in USA, hence the left hand drive cars. The GTR's and the Pink Viper in those pictures are right hand drive cars, so unless FAF2 is going to be based in Japan, or somewhere that converting a viper from left to right hand drive(or vice versa) for road legal registration, I would say those pictures could just be of some car show in Japan. Nice pictures though.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:25 PM   #116
killa ganj
AF Newbie

now i look, its not a viper eh, haha. oh well.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:40 AM   #117
R32's Kick ass
AF Newbie

This will no dout be a kick ass movie i will be eagerly looking out for the skylines and the evo 7's

The only problem i had with the first movie was the continuous up shifts!! and those civics sounded horible compared to my bro's boss's 93 civic
Old 10-22-2002, 06:10 AM   #118
VTECseoul
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VTECseoul
Re: Fast and the Furious 2 Pictures....are they real??

Quote:
Originally posted by killa ganj
I don't know if it is just me, but the last Fast and the Furious was based in USA, hence the left hand drive cars. The GTR's and the Pink Viper in those pictures are right hand drive cars, so unless FAF2 is going to be based in Japan, or somewhere that converting a viper from left to right hand drive(or vice versa) for road legal registration, I would say those pictures could just be of some car show in Japan. Nice pictures though.
there is no law stating that steering wheels belong on the left or right hand side. its just what the companies build becuz we drive that way. & there is only 1 story of somebody making the righthand-drive Skyline GTR a left hand conversion, & that was in Saudi Arabia, i think. www.skylinegtr.com will sell you a US street legal Skyline, right hand drive of course.
Nitto 450 225/50
Prime Racing M8 17x7
S15 vs AE86 - 2006 HotWheels Touge

Last edited by VTECseoul; 10-25-2002 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:37 AM   #119
Ice Runs 9s
AF Newbie

Thumbs down about the steering side

To the guy that was complaining about the steering-wheels being on the right hand side and saying the photos were from a Japanese car show:
:rollseyes:

Check the original movie - the Skyline GTR driven by the character "Leon" was a right-hand drive. This is because Skylines were (still are?) illegal in the United States - and must be imported from Japan. Hence, the right-hand drive.

They've got no qualms about using right-hand drive cars - because thats part of the diversity, thats PART of the import scene. If you're getting cars from Japan - some people keep them as right-hand drives, some people shell out for the conversion.

Personally, I can't wait for the sequel - the story line sounds pretty interesting. (You can find out very detailed story summaries, and character traits at various sites on the web - if you want directions, just ask me) Anyway, I don't care too much about the storyline - I just want action scenes, fights, explosions, fast cars and PLENTY of close ups of those hot bods (the cars that is).
I loved the first movie - right from the opening scene I was hooked on those cars - partly because I have a thing for neons under the chassis - and those Civics looked good.

People think I'm strange, because I've seen the movie so many times - but I just love cars. Thats another reason they think I'm weird - because I'm a girl.

Anyone got a problem with Girl Racers?

-Ice

:frog:
Old 10-23-2002, 02:44 AM   #120
Ice Runs 9s
AF Newbie

Wink

Haha, I think someone half-mentioned this before; but, it was kind of... entertaining the constant gear shifting. For example, when Brian was driving Dom in the Mitsubishi Eclipse (after escaping the 'police raid') The whole time they driving, you periodically hear the blow-off valve going - as Brian is apparently constantly shifting gears, although maintaining constant speed and having no need to change gears. Also, the really lame thing of "ooh.. look I changed up a gear (for the 10th time - gee must be.. really "special" cars.. huh) I can now go faster".

Ah well, all fun and games. I don't recommend going to watch that or its sequel with an eye for detail. You'll find lots of technical flaws - but hey, its a movie right?