Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:30 AM   #1
01 LXi Coupe
AF Newbie

Question Aftermarket Amp Install on Chrysler Infinity System

I recently purchased a 2001 Sebring LXi Coupe with the Infinity system. I'm adding an aftermarket subwoofer. I already bought my amp, wiring kit, speaker leavel converter (for preouts), wires, all that stuff. The problem I'm having is locating the fatory Infinity amplifier. Where is it? Also, what can I connect my remote wire from my amp to? It's supposed to go to the remote/accesory/power antenna wire from the Infinity amp/head unit, but I looked throughout the car and behind the head unit and can't find this wire. Can I wire it to anything else to get my turn-on signal for the amp? Please help. Thanks.
01 LXi Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
Superstring_81
AF Newbie

Re: Aftermarket Amp Install on Chrysler Infinity System

I'm not too sure on what I'm telling you here but I think the infiniti (infinity) system may (I've been told) have amps with/in either each individual speaker or located in the HEAD UNIT (hehe), I was told this was a problem/inconvenience with certain infiniti systems.
Superstring_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:52 AM   #3
01 LXi Coupe
AF Newbie

Well, I know they're not in the individual speaker because I got rid of the stock infinity 6x9 in the rear deck (wow, paper woofers and paper cone tweeters...I was very upset to say the least) and put in my pioneer 6x9 4 ways. They're working, but the sound is like shit (only getting about 15 watts PEAK per speaker). So the amp has to be somewhere else. Maybe behind the headunit? There is a box back there labeled MITSUBISHI ELECTRICAL SYSTEM with a wiring harness coming out of it, maybe that could be it. Damn Infinity system, the sounds sucks out of it anyways. The only good part about it is the 4 disc-in-dash changer...
Old 03-19-2004, 03:48 PM   #4
loismustdie
AF Enthusiast

in my fathers town and country, the sound system is to say the least the best stock i've ever heard, the bass hits harder then i would ever expect, maybe he just got a good one
Old 03-20-2004, 07:42 AM   #5
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane
Re: Aftermarket Amp Install on Chrysler Infinity System

I would have to say... pioneer speakers suck. also, try running larger wires to the pioneers. Most stock wires can only hold about 10 watts max
Old 03-23-2004, 10:47 AM   #6
01 LXi Coupe
AF Newbie

Well, in case anyone is wondering, I've located the Infinity amp under the passenger's front seat. Pretty disgusting wiring, maybe 18 gague tops. I did install my aftermarket amp and sub last weekend, and it sounds great. The rest of the speakers aren't doing nearly enough to compliment the sub, but I'll be replacing the Infinity amp with an aftermarket 4 channel hopefully this weekend, as well as getting rid of the rest of the Infinity speakers. Thanks for all who posted!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio