Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > Spider
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
Jer464
AF Newbie

Exclamation clutch master cylinder need help fast

i got my 91 alfa in the school shop to replace the master and slave cylinder for the clutch. i've done the slave and now it's still grinding so im gonna do the master. the teacher says he will not allow me to do anything on it till i get the manual or instrutions on how to do it and i must do it tomorrow or bring it home while its grinding 1st, 2nd, and reverse (and lemme tell ya its more than just a click). well low and behold there isnt one anywhere in town or the three surrounding it. if anyone has the the shop manual and would be willing to copy and email me ( Jer464@hotmail.com) the pages that discuss master cylinder removal and installation, that would be great, or if you have done this before and could sent me instrutions walking me thru it (dont have to be extremely detailed, just enough so i can follow it) it would be really great. thanks for all your help.
-jer
Jer464@hotmail.com
Jer464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:37 AM   #2
spydylover
AF Newbie

Re: clutch master cylinder need help fast

has to get mine out of England before I found International auto parts down in Virginia, they specilize in 2 door roadsters, but I doubt it would be your cylinder. you'd have that through all the gears, I'd put my money on the syncro gears since it's only 1,2, and reverse. Best of luck
CHEERS
spydylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
daveeif
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer464
i got my 91 Alfa in the school shop to replace the master and slave cylinder for the clutch. I've done the slave and now it's still grinding so I'm gonna do the master. the teacher says he will not allow me to do anything on it till i get the manual or instructions on how to do it and i must do it tomorrow or bring it home while its grinding 1st, ND, and reverse (and lemme tell ya its more than just a click). well low and behold there isnt one anywhere in town or the three surrounding it. if anyone has the the shop manual and would be willing to copy and email me ( Jer464@hotmail.com) the pages that discuss master cylinder removal and installation, that would be great, or if you have done this before and could sent me instructions walking me thru it (dont have to be extremely detailed, just enough so i can follow it) it would be really great. thanks for all your help.
-Ker
Jer464@hotmail.com
if you need trans rebuilding i have all the parts and rebuild Alfa trans i live in NJ and like i said i have the parts or can get them them thats any Alfa part Dave
daveeif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
tartersauce
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeif
if you need trans rebuilding i have all the parts and rebuild Alfa trans i live in NJ and like i said i have the parts or can get them them thats any Alfa part Dave
It must be Bleed correctly before you say Trans! Clutch Wear? Will also cause this... At least the Transmissions are easy to rebuild. A bit tight getting it out tho..
tartersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
sologuy10
AF Newbie

Oh。
Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
djseth
AF Newbie

Hey Tartarsauce,

Where in NJ are you? What would it cost to bring you my trans and have you fix the second gear grind?
djseth is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > Spider