Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #1
mdudley
AF Newbie

Exclamation 03 zr2 fuel pump replaced now stalled and no power

So, the fuel pump was replaced in june after the tank was run dry and it wouldnt turn over. Everything went fine with the pump replacement, except for the lights were dim and there was a short in the taillights after the battery was put back in. I found a severed wire to the taillights, which seemed to fix some of the problem and was going to replace the bulbs for the dimness that night. Drove to work then was going to drive to the grocery store with the girlfriend and when we pulled out of the driveway the truck stalled. We restarted it and it stalled and turn on 2-3 back to back before losing all power. Took the bed off to see if i missed anymore wires but everything looked fine. We pushed it into the garage and when i went to put it into park, the lights flashed and went off. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
mdudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Re: 03 zr2 fuel pump replaced now stalled and no power

Recheck your battery, cables,clamps and connections.
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 03 zr2 fuel pump replaced now stalled and no power

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdudley View Post
So, the fuel pump was replaced in june after the tank was run dry and it wouldnt turn over. Everything went fine with the pump replacement, except for the lights were dim and there was a short in the taillights after the battery was put back in. I found a severed wire to the taillights, which seemed to fix some of the problem and was going to replace the bulbs for the dimness that night. Drove to work then was going to drive to the grocery store with the girlfriend and when we pulled out of the driveway the truck stalled. We restarted it and it stalled and turn on 2-3 back to back before losing all power. Took the bed off to see if i missed anymore wires but everything looked fine. We pushed it into the garage and when i went to put it into park, the lights flashed and went off. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
the use of airtex pumps are the cause of these type issues...

next and including this is the wiring to pump if changed / spliced to new connector if not soldered will fail. when you remove the bed you must use tyraps/plastic ties to secure wires and make sure they are not gonna be pinched/shorted out. any wires running along frame should have LOOM to protect from chaffing on the rusted metal............
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10