Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 09:03 PM   #31
Kain
AF Newbie

Well, I was hunting around for Talons and cuaght site of this topic, and couldn't resist posting. First let me say, that I like both ricers, and the muscles cars of old, althoug, for the most part I cant stand mustangs, for to many of them on the road for my taste. I'm a big fan of DSMs, and don't really think its that much of a challenge to take a 350 90s camero in a DSM. I mean, yes they put out a lot of power, I like the bottom end pick up V8s have...but... A AWD Talon runs what, low 14s stock, I mean, a better exhuast system would help greatly, shaving maybe 5/10s off your quarter time. Or just getting a boost controller, a stock DSM can take around 30 psi of boost, and the stock turbo can put out a lot more boost than it is rated for. When you start talking funny cars, you have to remember, those are Funny cars, all is is the engine pushing itsself down the track, although you do have a good point about what kind of engine they use. Chevy rigged a Cavalier that put out 800 hundred horses. Ahhh well, enough of my rabling post...
Old 03-22-2002, 07:51 AM   #32
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
buy a b series honda engine... they are cheap and fun to play with they are mix and match ..... try for a b18c5....
Old 03-30-2002, 03:43 AM   #33
leolo007
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to leolo007 Send a message via AIM to leolo007
give me a break

Lets have a boxing match with Trinidad(excellent boxer) vs. Holyfield(another excellent boxer)... But why not.. because they are in different categories...lightweight,heavyweight... inline 4, v8. why do we compare v8 with inline 4? But if we must then we must. I have a 92 civic hatchback with a gsr engine in it and turbo running low boost. Without any hassle I beat my friends 94 cobra with some upgrades. He paid 12grand for the car, I have spent less than that on mine. (connections). He pays an insane amount of insurance I pay $75/month full coverage. Now some may say "um, well, you see, if you put a turbo on the mustang.. bla bla bla," well, if I put another gsr engine in the rear of my civic to equal the 8 cylinders whos going to go down in flames. theres a hyundai going around doing 0-60 in less than 4 seconds, thats right, two engines. and for the joker who said something about funny cars, go do some research on a 4000HP integra funny car.
leolo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 06:42 AM   #34
keegs01
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to keegs01
best of both worlds

i think the whole what sorta engine is best is a personal preference. If u like ur turbo four then thats great and if u prefer a blown v8 well thats great to. for me i recon why not get the best of both worlds and drop it into an Aussie holden ute. Twin turbo v8. for me the only way to go.
anyway back to fighting bout who is best...................

MArk Skaife ur the F@#king King

Holden Racing Team
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ttv8frontengine.jpg (92.8 KB, 383 views)
keegs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 06:45 AM   #35
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

ya damn right.. take two s2000 engines and hook it up... that's sick... there's a problem with that it should be illegal ...
oh well
Old 06-23-2002, 02:34 AM   #36
1 mugen
AF Newbie

HEY guys, Iam new here just happened to stumble across this forum while looking for integra parts for my car.

I have a 1990 Da-7 Integra generation 2, runnig a normal honda engine with racing pistons and a polised head. It's not injected but it's twin carbbed.

Had some work done to my engine, and spent alot of $$$ on it.
Still I can keep up with a B16a vtec but don't have a chance with a prelude or gen 3 Integra vtec.

my plates on my Teg is= 1 Mugen.

:sun:
1 mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 11:12 PM   #37
ImportCraze101
AF Newbie

Red face

To be honest V-8's pump out alot of off the line horsepower. On the other hand if you really tried to race a WRX stock and a GT Cobra stock, the Cobra would still be burning out while the WRX was hailfway down the track. And even if you did manage to catch up most domestics top out at around 95 to 120mph. Imports on average top out at around 120 to 160mph. Putting NOS on a domestic wouldn't help you.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:22 PM   #38
ImportCraze101
AF Newbie

Red face

To be honest V-8's pump out alot of off the line horsepower. On the other hand if you really tried to race a WRX stock and a GT Cobra stock, the Cobra would still be burning out while the WRX was halfway down the track. And even if the Cobra did manage to catch up, most domestics top out at around 95 to 120mph. Imports on average top out at around 120 to 160mph. Putting NOS on a domestic wouldn't help you.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:37 AM   #39
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

gotta love the gov. cause as said it will cut a dom. early.. and the japs like speed.. so we get to play till 160 or so .. if we can hit it of course..
god save the honda...
Old 07-09-2002, 01:03 PM   #40
V8vtec
AF Newbie

for all of you that r intested honda is making a v8 w/ vtec, im sure u guys have heard of the nsx, in japan there is an nsx-r (type r) its a 3.0 v6 w/ vtec pumping out 280 horses and can be most american v8s including the vette z06 in the quarter, well in 05 or so these nsx's will be implimented w/ a new powerplant, a v8 w/ vtec it will prolly be 4.2l capable of 500hp or so, and can probably get better gas milage then ne american v8 out there. Im as big of fan as v8s as u guys but older v8s such as old stangs have too much problems w/ oil leaks and shit if i were u i'd get a reliable car that can get to place to place, untill u can afford a real v8 like a 95 stang or high 80s vette. untill then i'd just get a miny truck or maybe an integra or civic something that will get u place to place w/o having to pay more money into fixing a old v8............ just my 2 cent hope no one get offended
V8vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 01:32 AM   #41
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

you are very right...
honda will put an 8 cyl into the nsx.. eventually..
and it will smoke everything..
they want to get more into the exotic market..
against ferrari and so on..
i can't wait to see that thing roll...
Old 07-11-2002, 04:38 AM   #42
rob2000
AF Regular

i wonder if this will fit in my integera........

Engine 90º W16
Engine location Mid, longitudinally mounted
Displacement 7.993 liter / 487.8 cu in
Valvetrain 4 valves/cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed Fuel injection
Aspiration 4 Turbos
Gearbox 7 Speed Semi-automatic
Drive All wheel drive

Performance figures
Power 1001 bhp / 746.7 kW @ 6000 rpm
BHP/Liter 125.2
Torque 1250 Nm / 922.0 ft lbs @ 2200-5500 rpm
Power to weight ratio N/A
Top Speed 252.3 mph / 406.0 km/h

rob2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 01:10 PM   #43
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

nice motor man ...
i'd love to run that in a sol and see how long it takes it to blow up...
lol.. that would be great..