Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
View Poll Results: What car should i get?
4Gen Prelude (1992-1996) 6 42.86%
Volks Corrado (1990-1994) 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 03:35 PM   #1
MidNiteMysT
AF Regular

Corrado or Prelude? HELP!

ive been faced with a hard and big decision. i have to choose to either get a corrado (1990-1994) or a 4gen prelude(1992-1996).
let me explain the situation. ive been wanting a prelude for a while and would have loved it as my first car. my dad wasnt willing to spend that much so i was looking around for a old civic. i made some calls, looked at some cars. then my dad found a volkswagen corrado for sale. he asked me if i wanted it, i didnt know what it was so i did some research and i loved the car. i told him to buy it so he did. a month later, im ready to sell it, not because i dont like the design or the car, its just because the guy abused it. we are gonna sell this corrado. my dad decided to spend a little more money so i can get a decent car without probs. now me and my bro went car shopping yesterday and i saw a nice 1990 yellow corrado, and a 1993 silver prelude. i like the yellow corrado, its really nice, but on the other hand i like the prelude too. i dont like silver so im not gonna buy that exact prelude but i like the way the prelude is designed and the feel of it and such. the corrado kinda grew on me so its hard for me to choose either a corrado or a prelude. the corrado has limited parts that are gonna be expensive but its a very rare and nice looking car. the prelude has cheaper parts and alot of stuff for it and it is also nice but not as rare. both cars have different personalitys and i like them both. i would like someone elses opinion on what you think you would get because im really torn. thanx and sorry for the long story.
MidNiteMysT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:00 AM   #2
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
prelude, prelude, prelude..
up in LA they have a prelude with 1 million original miles on it..
no joke.. no rebuilds or anything..
ya can't beat that.... ever...
Old 10-26-2002, 12:38 AM   #3
Prototype G60
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Prototype G60
Corrado Duh...

i own a 91 VW Corrado G60...dude...i woop the shit outta preludes all the time bro...if you want to car you can put money into and get mad return..buy a corrado, i'm going to be building up a BBM screw blown 1.9 liter 16v in about 4 months...thats 310+ hp, without new ECU and cold air...i'm only spending about $ 5,000 on enigine....dude..get the corrado...HONDAS SUCK!!!
Prototype G60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 01:15 AM   #4
MidNiteMysT
AF Regular

Re: Corrado Duh...

Quote:
Originally posted by Prototype G60
i own a 91 VW Corrado G60...dude...i woop the shit outta preludes all the time bro...if you want to car you can put money into and get mad return..buy a corrado, i'm going to be building up a BBM screw blown 1.9 liter 16v in about 4 months...thats 310+ hp, without new ECU and cold air...i'm only spending about $ 5,000 on enigine....dude..get the corrado...HONDAS SUCK!!!
forgot i made this post. this is mad old. i got my prelude already AND I LOVE IT. im sure if i spent $5000 on my lude, it would whoop u anyway just dont flame and say hondas suck cuz i got one now and it would whip ur corrados ass
Old 10-26-2002, 11:53 AM   #5
Prototype G60
AF Newbie

riiiight

lol..whatever man...have fun with your rice rocket:finger:

the shear weight difference in the two cars puts the corrado a head...and its supercharged....are you dumb???
Old 10-26-2002, 12:14 PM   #6
MidNiteMysT
AF Regular

r U dumb? ok, there is a wieght difference but by how much? 1990 corrado has 2660 while the prelude is 2866. about 200lb aint so much plus i bet ur a big fat guy so that would account for the difference in weight. and saying its supercharged wont help its hp from going more then 158hp with a puny 1.8 liter engine. whp is faster then boosted hp plus supercharges seem to need to be rebuilt every once in a while so its not gonna give optimum boost unless it was recently rebuilt.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:24 PM   #7
gemballa
AF Enthusiast

corrado rules!!!!
thats a very nice car!
Old 10-26-2002, 06:56 PM   #8
Prototype G60
AF Newbie

hahaha

yes...let me tell you how fat I am!!...i weigh a total of 5,000,000,000 pounds!!! infact...i don't even need bags, because when i get into my car...it touches the ground anyways...what are you?..fucking 3?...get a life...making assumptions about ppl on the internet is pretty fucking gay..kinda like your honda.

and your right....whp is faster than boosted hp...unless your pounding your shit with tons of psi....all i'm saying is that for the money...you coulda made the Corrado a shit load faster than the gaylude...i mean prelude, for cheaper...but if your one of those rich white kids that buy hondas just to throw a body kit and some subs into it, then maybe you shouldn't own a Corrado anyways.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:28 PM   #9
MidNiteMysT
AF Regular

lol, u make me laugh :hehehe: ur starting shit over the internet and until u actually race me, you dont know that u can beat me. the fat thing was a joke IDIOT. im not gonna hide it, i loved my corrado but i think the prelude has more potential rather then a supercharger on a 1.8 liter engine with more parts to maintan and im sure it needs alot more maintaning then the prelude. preludes are more reliable then corrados, i hope you know that. not only that, corrados cost alot to maintan since they are rare. i have tons of aftermarket support and wont have to pay as much if i break something rather then u paying out ur ass for a volkswagen part. shove a supercharger on my car, and it would take ur car down easy. i dont need to swap my engine to do that.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:50 PM   #10
Prototype G60
AF Newbie

you win

ok...your right..a corrado is harder to maintain than the prelude....and as far as me starting shit with you...haha...if you read the post..you got cranky first...like when you assumed i was fat...joking or not..its was still pretty inmature to say... i guess my whole argument is that everyone these days drives some riced out Honda...
Old 10-27-2002, 05:38 PM   #11
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Glad you like the car you bought. Thats alway more imortant then trying to convince someone else why its better. Enjoy the ride

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 10-29-2002, 06:35 AM   #12
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
all my niggaz wanna get a ... HONDA HONDA...
Old 10-30-2002, 03:07 PM   #13
gemballa
AF Enthusiast

if you feel good with your car keep it!
it doesnt matters what people tells you!
Old 10-31-2002, 11:09 PM   #14
MidNiteMysT
AF Regular

My Prelude
Does that look like a rice rocket to you?
Old 11-01-2002, 03:28 AM   #15
Deakins
AF Enthusiast

What's wrong with this picture?