Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 08:53 PM   #16
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon
Or when Jerry's mechanic steals his Saab because Jerry is "misstreating it." Ah, priceless.

ahahaha LOL!! the Saab 900

it was puddy that stole it right?
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 12:36 AM   #17
joshmel1
AF Newbie

Cool How much do you want to spend?

First of all, How much do you want to spend? Are you willing to finance, or pay cash? How many doors?, There are a lot of questions, that you have to figure out first. There are a lot of great cars out there to start with. If you like honda's think about buying an older one, and having a B18c(Integra GSR engine) swapped into it. You will have a great starting point, and a good deal more HP from the get go. If you want to buy new, the WRX is what I am buying, and it is a great car to drive. I have a VW VR6 GLS Jetta right now, and it just is not very reliable.(I do not recommend VW at all) There are a ton of cars out there taht might fit what you want, but that is up to you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Josh
Old 12-17-2001, 11:09 PM   #18
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
look at subaru! my impreza was $18000, and will beat the shit out of any stock civic, at least any stock civic sold in the us. as far as i know it will beat any new car in its price range and beat it badly! for $25000 u could get the wrx, but as it worked out thats almost $200 a month more, so i got the cheaper one now the extra $200 a month goes to modifications instead of simply owning the car, so we will see who is faster in the end, heh heh. dont have the money for a new car? try to find an older impreza, good luck though i tried myself. i know some people dont like the styling, but i have recieved many compliments on mine, 10 or 15 random people have walked up to me at gas stations, parking lots, etc telling me they love my car, and its not like i have a body kit or paintjob or anything they are complimenting the (nearly) stock looks. it took 1st place for modified car at a local car show i went to, mainly due to uniqueness and the fact that it just looks nice! also a little hint, go for the wagon, thats what i got, more unique gets more attention gets more compliments, plus its fun as hell beating little bodykitted cars in a station wagon!
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 11:36 AM   #19
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Quote:
go for the wagon, thats what i got, more unique gets more attention gets more compliments, plus its fun as hell beating little bodykitted cars in a station wagon!
Another wagon fan:ylsuper

Although I would get the WRX. It already has a turbo and intercooler, lower compression pistons (try and put a ton of boost on your high-comp car, and see it go boom), a great wheel, seats, pedals. Its suspension is COMPLETELY different, with different (albeit kinda crappy) wheels and tires. It also has a different, stronger drivetrain and a different, better tranny.
So you spend 8000 and a lot of time getting the stock subbie up to WRX levels, (with many parts still sub-par),when you could have done 1000 to the WRX for more boost and basic breathing enhancements, and all of a sudden its a 320hp WRX!

My $.02

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A