Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:49 AM   #16
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

Re: Best car for the $$$?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeandonie
http://www.mopar.com/street/products_srt4_stage2.htm
you talking about this one or stage 1??
also do i need to have stage 1 to put stage 2 on?
That is the kit, and no, you don't need stg.I for stg.II

Quote:
they dont seem to be that fast... 6.2 0-60
and i heard they are pretty $$$$ to maintian...
Trust me, 0-60 times aren't all that important. Get in the M3 and drive it. BMW's have never been known for their stats on paper, but for their driving feel, something that no other company has been able to emulate, and it very hard to get through tuning. Plus, you can get an E36 M3 for much less then $30,000, so all that money can go into tuning it to go faster if that is what you really want. As for reliability, it all comes down to how its driven. I've seen E36 M3's that were owned by 20 year olds that felt like they needed redline every time they shifted, and those cars tend to be unreliable. I've also seen E36 M3's owned by 40 year olds that babied them and maintained them well, these cars can last 200,000 miles. They will probably be more reliable then the Evo, Eclipse, SRT4, and possibly the RX8 anyways.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:22 AM   #17
jorgeandonie
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jorgeandonie

how much do you think insurance would be, on a srt-4, evo, rx8
im 19 clean record...
if its too much, under parents name??
jorgeandonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:28 AM   #18
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

Couldn't tell you. There are alot of factors that go into insurance. Prices very from company to company, and its been a while since I was 19. You should just call your insurance company and ask. Often you get discounts based on grades and whether or not you are in high school/college.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #19
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422

Get an RX-8 man! those things look sweet.
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:40 AM   #20
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687

Quote:
how much do you think insurance would be, on a srt-4, evo, rx8
im 19 clean record...
if its too much, under parents name??
Whos financing the car?

If the loan is in your parents name like I'm assuming, the car will have to be too. In this case the insurance would be low because it is your parents car and you just drive it.

If the car is in your name, you are looking at about 450-550 bucks a months. Im 18 and got a qoute for a 350Z....$463 a month. With a clean record.

Here's what effects insurance rates:

Age - Working against you
Price of car - Working against you
Performance - Working against you
Credit history - Working against you

You definetley want to keep it in you parents name, but they will probably have to since they are buying you the car.

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #21
harrymay
AF Regular

get a 6th gen maxima. 265 hp V6, spd man, you could probably get one very well loaded used for under 30k. plus your insurance will be lower since its a sedan.

Mooninites Unite! Quad Laser!!!
harrymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #22
jorgeandonie
AF Newbie

im buying the car, but i might have to put it under my moms name. I heard that you pay same as a regular neon with the srt-4, shouldnt it be the same with an EVO.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #23
jorgeandonie
AF Newbie

im going to the avenged sevenfold concert tonight so im not going to be able to keep up with this thing, but i will read everything when i get back, besides i have to go to mazda, mitsubishi, and other places to look around saturday...
dude i dont know what to get, and i want something fast, good looking, and lower insurance rate lol.... too much to ask for??? lol yeah maybe
Old 01-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #24
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Full coverage wont be low for anything. And if you're getting the loan, it can't be in your moms name.

P.S. How can you afford this?

Old 01-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #25
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLad10687
P.S. How can you afford this?
yea, how?
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #26
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

I thought I could afford a car like that until I factored in interest and insurance. Especially if you are financing it. Your rates(from a dealer) will be about 15%....HIGH as shit. Insurance will be very very high. Car payments will be high as well b/c it is $30,000.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #27
harrymay
AF Regular

fu$$ it, dont worry about it, go see avenged sevenfold. they kick sooo much ass. I saw them in H-TOwn and they were bad ass.

then you can worry about this tomorrow.

what are you looking for? something fast, something that looks good? or just something that is new that can get you from a-b?

if you want fast and looks good. id still say a maxima, but you could also get an altima 3.5se for under $30k and still have a lower ins payment.

Mooninites Unite! Quad Laser!!!
harrymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #28
Chad82
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Chad82

"what do you think of a 3000GT, RX7, MK4 or MK3s, 300zx TT"

These will all be cheaper for initial purchase, but you are looking at 10-15 year old cars then. All of them would be beat to shit, most likely. Those that aren't carry a real premium. Reliability on the 3000GT is questionable at best. The RX7s I like except for the reliability on the engine. You basically have to treat it is an exotic. The 300Z TT is hands down the most reliable of the bunch. I found you can actually find a pretty good quality one for the $10-15,000 (you can find one for around $7000 if you are willing to put some money into it). But once again, its still a 10-15 year old car.

"dude i dont know what to get, and i want something fast, good looking, and lower insurance rate lol.... too much to ask for??? lol yeah maybe"

Too much to ask at 19? Well... most likely. If you have $30k to spend but you are financing, that would be around $570 a month (assuming you get reasonable rates). With that kind of money you are willing to spend, by the time you are 21 you could have $14,000 saved up. By then, that could get you something like an '03 Audi A6 2.7T (pretty easy to get up to 320 HP). Or the early WRX STIs would be down in a more reasonable price by then (or current EVOs would be down in price because of what will surely show to be low long term reliability). Or you could get a low mileage Neon at that point. When you buy a car outright you save not only the financing, but the insurance as well. Hell, the 01+ M3 might (emphasis on might) be down in the 20k range by then.

So I guess, personally I would say until you are a bit older or can buy cash in hand, hold off on your dream car.
Chad82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:25 AM   #29
jorgeandonie
AF Newbie

lol first of all, i got a really good job...
um i like the evo alot, im going to test drive some cars today, eclipse, rx8, evo(maybe)... what worries me is that i dont know if i will be able to afford fudging $600 payments and $400 insurance. i wonder if the evos insurance is going to be alot, i mean im not going to get the best coverage im going to get on of the cheaper ones, im a pretty safe driver.

THE FUCKINNG AVENGED SEVENFOLD CONSERT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!
CKY played, along with bullets in octane, and some austrailian band, the show kicked ass, i got reverends fucking drum stick!!!!! i had to kick someones ass for it, and the moshpit was crazy!!!

back to the topic lol...i really like the evo, but if i have to go with the srt-4 (neon pos) i guess ill go with that lol, at least for a a couple of years till i turn 25 ( 6 years) it will be right. i just want to know how much insurance will be, i think out of the bunch, i will like the rx8 the most, basicly cause ofthe looks and how fun and fast it is.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:00 PM   #30
deadbolt_35
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to deadbolt_35

if you're going to buy an evo or srt-4, i hope you're never planning on traveling more than 30 minutes at a time. loud, incredibly stiff suspension, uncomfortable seats (for a long trip at least). while i've never tried, it has to be hell to spend any extended amount of time on the highway with them. i live out in the middle of nowhere (check my signature for definition of nowhere), so i travel 4+ hours pretty frequently. this may not apply to you at all, but i'm assuming that even people who live in large, urban areas do travel somewhere at least once in their lives. in which case, i would not want to be stuck in some raw, uncomfortable boy-racer car.
i'd go with either the mustang gt or an M3

Here's a geography lesson: I live in Ely, Nevada. No, that's not by Vegas, it's not hot like Vegas, it's not a desert wasteland like Vegas. I live at 6500 ft. I'm surrounded by mountains. It's really cold in the winter, and never gets above 100 in the summer.
deadbolt_35 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A