Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #46
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

Re: Signed Paperwork, Can dealer do anything ?

Yes, as far as the media, I have actually called Tom Martino once and left a message, as well as sent an email. No word from them or his people yet.

I will make this as public as I can once it's all done - as I dont want to jeapordize myself if I have to eventually contact a lawyer.
mystikhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #47
Andydg
AF Enthusiast

Good deal man...keep us updated as much as your lawyer/you are comfortable with.
Andydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #48
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

Well... I have an update for those interested...

I have still not heard from the Dealer Board (where I sent a formal complaint to).

Earlier this week I had a notice from the post office that I had a certified letter to pick up. I never really read who it was from until this morning when I was on the way to pick it up. It was from the car dealer and all I could think of was "Great... here's a stupid letter or bill indicating the amount that was owed to them".

INSTEAD..... I have the Certificate of Orgin from the manufacturer, with my name and address filled out on the back as the purchaser, An Application for Registration and/or Title, and other paperwork I believe is needed to get my car registered and the plates.

SOO... I think they caved in!! I was hoping they'd be fined from the Dealer Board or something (maybe they will be anyways?). I still don't know if they were forced to by the Dealer Board or whether they just gave in on their own (which I doubt). Like I said, I never heard from this Dealer Board, so I'm not sure what happened.

I called my bank up and they sounded happy because they told me they had already contacted a lawyer and that the lawyer was ready to be unleashed... HAHA.

I'm still holding my breath until I get to the DMV and make sure I actually have everything that I need. Since it's gotten to this point, I'm still paranoid.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:55 PM   #49
Chad82
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Chad82

That sounds like great news! When you going to the DMV (they are open on Saturdays, aren't they? Closed on Sundays and Mondays?)
Chad82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:16 PM   #50
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

This county they are only open M-F 7-4:30.

Ill be there first thing on Monday morning.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:58 AM   #51
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Sweet....sounds like they decided to cut their losses. Let us know about the DMV today!
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #52
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

I got turned away from the DMV after the clerk tried calling the dealer several to get a breakdown of the taxes. I paid the right amount, but they wanted it itemized. Since they weren't getting any help from the dealer, she told me to try and deal with them and come back. After she was informed that the title clerk called in sick, she got transferred to the finance dept. who should have been able to help. I don't know who she talked to, but she said she's never had a dealer be so rude and uncooperative. I assumed then she had talked to the finance manager I've had the problems with.

Anyway, I got a hold of the title clerk myself, and she gave me the go-ahead to white stuff out on the tax receipt and write stuff in myself. So - that's what I'm going to do, as there is already white-out on it originally.

Back to the DMV tomorrow, and then I shall release the wrath of this whole mess and tell all of you reading this to stay away and spread the word about staying AWAY from this particular dealer.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:08 AM   #53
fredjacksonsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikhalo
I got turned away from the DMV after the clerk tried calling the dealer several to get a breakdown of the taxes. I paid the right amount, but they wanted it itemized. Since they weren't getting any help from the dealer, she told me to try and deal with them and come back. After she was informed that the title clerk called in sick, she got transferred to the finance dept. who should have been able to help. I don't know who she talked to, but she said she's never had a dealer be so rude and uncooperative. I assumed then she had talked to the finance manager I've had the problems with.

Anyway, I got a hold of the title clerk myself, and she gave me the go-ahead to white stuff out on the tax receipt and write stuff in myself. So - that's what I'm going to do, as there is already white-out on it originally.

Back to the DMV tomorrow, and then I shall release the wrath of this whole mess and tell all of you reading this to stay away and spread the word about staying AWAY from this particular dealer.
I'd be sure to get the permission of the title clerk in writing to modify that document, and check with the DMV. Some official documents are invalidated if altered!
Old 03-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #54
Chad82
AF Regular

Any update yet?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:04 AM   #55
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

Everything worked out!!

I got my plates!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaayyyyyyy.....
Old 03-04-2006, 01:10 AM   #56
Chad82
AF Regular

gotta be more of a story than that!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #57
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

Well, I did go ahead and white-out the tax breakdown myself and re-write it in accurately so it all added up to 7.85%.

Went back to the DMV on Wednesday, and was in and out of there in 15 minutes. Got the plates, paid the DMV, have my registration just fine also.

I still do not know why they caved in. Either they were waiting until the absolute latest they could to see if they could get me worried enough to pay them the extra $3k or the Dealer Board that I sent the formal complaint to threatened them. I think I will call the Dealer Board next week and follow up and see if that was it. I am still very curious. I hope they got fined, but being the big dealer they are, I'm not sure.

ANYWAY --- for all you Colorado people, STAY AWAY from INFINITI OF DENVER!!!! Go buy your car at Peak Infiniti instead. I have been over at the other dealer myself and they dont seem to be as greedy. Perhaps because they are new and want to do right to win over customer base. These are the only 2 Infiniti Dealers in the entire Denver Metro area. Luckily, they both are about the same distance from me, so nothing outta my way.

I've never been so happy to pay almost 1K in titles in registration fees.... no more worrying...
Old 03-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #58
tri-power
AF Regular

Glad to see you have this resolved, or at least for the time being. Let's hope this doesn't pop back up again. Because you never knw, they might try looking for a way to get you back.
tri-power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #59
fredjacksonsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikhalo
Well, I did go ahead and white-out the tax breakdown myself and re-write it in accurately so it all added up to 7.85%.

Went back to the DMV on Wednesday, and was in and out of there in 15 minutes. Got the plates, paid the DMV, have my registration just fine also.

I still do not know why they caved in. Either they were waiting until the absolute latest they could to see if they could get me worried enough to pay them the extra $3k or the Dealer Board that I sent the formal complaint to threatened them. I think I will call the Dealer Board next week and follow up and see if that was it. I am still very curious. I hope they got fined, but being the big dealer they are, I'm not sure.

ANYWAY --- for all you Colorado people, STAY AWAY from INFINITI OF DENVER!!!! Go buy your car at Peak Infiniti instead. I have been over at the other dealer myself and they dont seem to be as greedy. Perhaps because they are new and want to do right to win over customer base. These are the only 2 Infiniti Dealers in the entire Denver Metro area. Luckily, they both are about the same distance from me, so nothing outta my way.

I've never been so happy to pay almost 1K in titles in registration fees.... no more worrying...
Glad it worked out! Here's to having a signed contract in the buyer's favor for once.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #60
excarsalesman
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Signed Paperwork, Can dealer do anything ?

can't stand to hear endless stories of dealer tricks...

quit the business and made this blog, hoping to reveal "everything."

enjoy,

excarsalesman.blogspot.com

excarsalesman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A