Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #16
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Signed Paperwork, Can dealer do anything ?

Update:

I've spoken to the dealer, rather argueing... The guy who made the mistake said honestly if I wanted to tell him to "screw himself" I could. He's pushing "ethics" on me.

He still wants the 3K. and if I pay he's willing to give me a free oil change and a clear bra worth $695. Clear car bra worth $695 really?

I told him I had called the other dealer and got a quote for $399. He says "well they don't offer lifetime warranty and only go up 12 inches on the car". I told him BS because I just got off the phone and they said they did!

Not only that, I called the service dept. up this morning at the exact same dealer and asked him for a quote. He tells me $175 and gives me the cell phone # of the guy who does it. I asked him why someone else at the dealer would quote me $695 and he right away says "I need to say this fast people I dont want to loose my job but, the finance guys rip people off and that that's how they make their money." He then asked me if my name was "MystikHalo" and I asked how he knew. He said he just got something this AM to type something up for a car bra for someone named "Mystikhalo". He gave me the guy who does the car bra's cell phone number to call too.

I also told him I was a little hesitant to come to the dealer for service because of how my purchase went and this whole problem. He said I shouldn't worry and that he wants my business and I shouldn't feel uncomfortable coming in *(trying to make me believe that sales, finance, and service dept's weren't that close)*. Who knows.

Last edited by mystikhalo; 02-17-2006 at 01:49 PM.
mystikhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #17
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687
Re: Signed Paperwork, Can dealer do anything ?

Are you actually going to do anything with it now or what? The fact that the guy still is trying to milk you for more money says alot considering the position hes in.

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:18 AM   #18
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Signed Paperwork, Can dealer do anything ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLad10687
Are you actually going to do anything with it now or what? The fact that the guy still is trying to milk you for more money says alot considering the position hes in.

Yup! Screw em.... The guy tries to preach ethics to me and then turns around and pulls that crap

Last edited by mystikhalo; 02-17-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #19
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Thats comical if a dealer is preaching ethics. How is someone that makes it that far in their career that incompetent? It just doesnt make sense to me. Im about to go there and try to buy your Accord for $5000 and then give them .50 cents and hope they mess up lol.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #20
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

So, do you have an update?

Old 12-21-2005, 10:32 AM   #21
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Next time the finance guy calls, tell him you have a signed contract and the deal is done. When he starts to complain or try to persuade you, let him know that you know he was trying to cheat you on the clear bra, and that before he tried to pull that you were thinking about what he said (don't ever admit you were considering doing it) but that now that he's shown his true colors, you aren't interested in talking with him any further. Give him the same thing you wrote above, he's got a lot of nerve preaching ethics. Let him know if he calls you again you will consider it harassment.

As far as service, either do it yourself or find another dealer. I wouldn't go within a mile of that place, or let them lay a hand on my car after that.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:10 PM   #22
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

I agree. I'm actually beginning to fear buying a new car in the future due to these scum-like dealerships.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #23
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

Do all the bargaining online via email. That's how I did this one, and I'd recommend it 100%. The other dealer (there is only 2 anywhere near me) gave me an outstanding quote, and I asked the other dealer to meet or match it and it all worked out very well price-wise.

As far as what the last few days have been like:

They called me last Thursday and Saturday once, Monday like 5X and again yesterday 3X. Geez!! I talked to them Monday, and told him I was done and wasn't gonna do anything about it and it's like they wouldn't accept that answer. They kept telling me that "well if it were the other way around, we'd give your money back, our dealer isn't like that" and about the $695 clear bra... they kept saying stuff like "well that's the price we charge everyone, you must have gotten a quote from a non-dealer and/or gotten the "cost" price"... which is a bunch of bull. Eventually they were wanting to call me back again in an hour and I said do whatever I'm not guaranteeing that I'll answer the phone.

I'm ignoring their phone calls now. No calls yet today, but if they keep it up I'm considering it harrassment and perhaps having a lawyer write them a nice letter (I know one whom would do it for "fun").

Last edited by mystikhalo; 02-17-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:35 PM   #24
Chad82
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Chad82

Good for you. If your conscience starts to rag on you or whatever, just give the $3000 to a charity.
Chad82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:12 AM   #25
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Well, it looks like he wasn't fired so you have no reason to feel bad.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #26
mystikhalo
AF Newbie

It Gets Better!

Now, I just found out that the finance manager is withholding giving the paperwork to the title clerk at the dealership until he "talks to me". So now they aren't sending the title paperwork to Motor Vehicle!!

Unbelieveable!

My temp's expire early next week. I'm filing for an extension and then,... I'm not sure.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #27
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

And then court. They cant do that, you have a legally binding contract. If it proceeds down this lane, counter sue for defamation, loss of wages, everything that you can. This is harrassment and that is illegal.

P.S. Once if it does come to court, you may want to stop posting.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:52 PM   #28
Chad82
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Chad82

^^^^ Agreed.
Chad82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #29
tri-power
AF Regular

I think you had better take the offensive now. If you have an auto loan with your bank, mean you have a lein on your title, you should inform them that their investment has been tampered with by the dealership. I don't know how it is in your state, but a car can't be registered or tagged without a certificate of title issued. So you might want to contact your DMV to see if your car is in violation then inform them of your dealership problems. If you find this to be the case, you should file a case in court against them for fraud or contract breech. Lastly I'd file a complaint with the BBB and the state attorneys office against them. Reguardless wether or not you owe them, they should not be able to hold a legal document against you.

The only other thing I'd say to do is agree to void the contract and have both your check and your original car returned. I"m willing to bet both the check and car are long gone by now. I know mostnew car dealers in this state usually only keep used cars on premises if they are 5 model years or less old. The rest usually go to auction houses.

I'm willing to bet this guy is all over you because it's coming out of his pocket, so he'll hound you till he gets it back. Because of this, I'm sure going to the manager of the dealership will 'Not' help. Id suggest he make all of his correspondence to you in writing by mail only. Including the withholding of your title. That way if what he's doing is illegal, you have mail fraud to fall back on.

I'm sure if they had any legal recourse, they would have played it by now. I"m sure they realize that they can't hold the title, or else they could get you for GTA. Hold steadfast and don't give in.
tri-power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #30
GTP Dad
Pontiac Guy

It appears that the dealership is the one on the losing end of this deal. Refuse to speak with anyone from the dealership from this point on as you may compromise your position. You have a binding contract signed by both yourself and an officer of the dealership. If they can't do the paperwork right and they have gotten paid for the car it is legally yours and they have no right to withhold the title of your car as this equates to extortion.

I would contact a lawyer as well as the consumer protection branch of your department of motor vehicles to report the dealership for harassment. I would also attempt to involve the legal representatives of the credit union because they are also a party in this situation since they hold a lean on the title. If it has not been filed then they are at risk of losing the money that you borrowed to purchase the car.

Finally, you have a signed contract the has been properly executed. Once this gets to court, if it goes that far, the dealership will lose because the error was theirs not yours. Good Luck and keep us posted.
GTP Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A