Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:34 AM   #31
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: What subs should i get

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrickb
Would 2 15" xxx's with 2-20.1 amps powering the subs at 2000 watts each at 1 ohm with an koda component system and like jl 6X9 co axials in the back with a good 4 ch amp to push them. Would this be a good system. Let me know if this sucks or if i just nd to make some little changes. This just came to my mind and it sounds like a good system but i dont knot much like i said. Thanks for all the the help, im learning alot from all this.

Also i will be getting and eclipse H/U i think, looks like they have some better stuff from alpine from what i hear anyway.
You will REALLY need to overhaul your electrical system with TWO 20.1's! Those things are WICKED powerful. In all honesty, ONE 20.1 and two 15XXX's would work well...wire it to .5ohms daily

NG

PS: Eclipse HU's are great, owned their top of the line 8053 and loved it. Also, the koda components are a great choice...look for the proper amp to power them (150rmx x 2). As far as rear coaxials, just get some 6.5's (Won't distort easily like 6x9's)
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #32
warrickb
AF Newbie

so what ohm configuration should i get for my subs the dual 1 ohm right. Im not really sure lol i havent learned how to wire two subs in series or anything,i just had to wire one sub in my setup right now. Also i was planning on getting a much bigger altenator and a yellow top under the hood and a yellow top in the trunk. I have a mechanic here that says that he can run extra wires from my altenator to the yellow top in back. I was goin to wire the two 20.1"s to the yellow top in the rear and the other amp for my speakers will be run to the yellow top under the hood. Would the two 20.1's still over power the my elcetrical system. Soory if my questions are stupid like i said im just learning everything cause i just everything paid off and im just now able to buy the car audio stuff that i want. I would really like to take my car to competitions but i dont know if it will be good enough to do that. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!

Also will the 20.1 wire down to .5 ohms, and what rms watts will it be running at if i do run it at .5 ohms.
warrickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #33
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
so what ohm configuration should i get for my subs the dual 1 ohm right. Im not really sure lol i havent learned how to wire two subs in series or anything,i just had to wire one sub in my setup right now. Also i was planning on getting a much bigger altenator and a yellow top under the hood and a yellow top in the trunk. I have a mechanic here that says that he can run extra wires from my altenator to the yellow top in back. I was goin to wire the two 20.1"s to the yellow top in the rear and the other amp for my speakers will be run to the yellow top under the hood. Would the two 20.1's still over power the my elcetrical system. Soory if my questions are stupid like i said im just learning everything cause i just everything paid off and im just now able to buy the car audio stuff that i want. I would really like to take my car to competitions but i dont know if it will be good enough to do that. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!

Also will the 20.1 wire down to .5 ohms, and what rms watts will it be running at if i do run it at .5 ohms.
For two subwoofers, get the STOCK dual2ohm configuration. At .5 ohms...and stale electrical you should expect damn near 3000rms from the 20.1 . Look into getting a 200 amp alternator anyways. Replace the stock battery with a yellow top, and wire a second yellow top in the rear

NG
Old 04-11-2005, 10:39 AM   #34
warrickb
AF Newbie

Awesome thanks. But how would the the dual 2 ohm voice coils wire down to .5ohms i didnt think that you could wire them down that low because wouldnt the final ohm rating from the sub woofers be at 1 ohm and the amp would be read it at .5ohms. Sorry if my question is stupid but if im wrong i need to know so i dont screw anything up. Sorry if im being a pain in the ass but i nd to learn all i can. Thanks alot!

what are the seXXX's, are they a higher modle of the the xxx's or something cause if they are better than xxx's.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #35
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Awesome thanks. But how would the the dual 2 ohm voice coils wire down to .5ohms i didnt think that you could wire them down that low because wouldnt the final ohm rating from the sub woofers be at 1 ohm and the amp would be read it at .5ohms. Sorry if my question is stupid but if im wrong i need to know so i dont screw anything up. Sorry if im being a pain in the ass but i nd to learn all i can. Thanks alot!

what are the seXXX's, are they a higher modle of the the xxx's or something cause if they are better than xxx's.
Nope, seXXX's are modified SE's. They are a regular SE with XXX coil/soft parts. Not better...and not made anymore either

Two dual 2ohm subs can be wire to .5ohms wth double parallel. Parallel each individual speaker to 1ohm...then parallel the pair for a final .5ohm load to the amp! peace

NG
Old 04-11-2005, 11:28 AM   #36
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Want a great eclipse HU, new, with warranty!

Pick one of these up quick!!!
http://forum.soundillusions.net/show...709#post510709

NG
Old 04-11-2005, 01:51 PM   #37
warrickb
AF Newbie

Smile

Ok yea i didnt think of that, thanks alot for the help i have learned alot i think i will stick around here for awhile lol and try to learn some. I will be purchasing everything starting this summer when i get my new job, cant afford it til then. I just installed a system in my car about 2 months ago and it sounds good but nothing to brag about. Thanks for all the help, hope this system will be good enough to take to a competition!
Old 04-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #38
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok yea i didnt think of that, thanks alot for the help i have learned alot i think i will stick around here for awhile lol and try to learn some. I will be purchasing everything starting this summer when i get my new job, cant afford it til then. I just installed a system in my car about 2 months ago and it sounds good but nothing to brag about. Thanks for all the help, hope this system will be good enough to take to a competition!
Oh yeah! No problem...

You could also stop by www.caraudio.com if you want to learn even MORE

NG

PS: my username is the same on there too

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio