Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
View Poll Results: Which is better
Adire Audio Brahma 5 71.43%
RE XXX 1 14.29%
Other (post your reply) 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 04:37 PM   #16
AndonD454
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AndonD454
Re: AA Brahma vs. RE XXX

well im gonna say then go with the brahmas. theyre awesome (so ive heard) and they have a little better SQ and can do well on a little less power.. so you wont have to upgrade your elec. system QUITE as much.. but i would think the only reason to really go with the XXX is for that little extra SPL.. and in this case you definately wont need it cause 2 brahmas will be more than enough.
AndonD454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:44 PM   #17
droppin bottom
AF Newbie

What amps should i get?
droppin bottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:05 PM   #18
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

For xxx'a I'd get a couple cadence zrs-9's or something comparable. The absolute least watts you will want with a triple x is around 1600 so for price reasons a couple soundstream vga1600.2's would work. For brahma's 1200 watts or less will almost always get full ouput from them. A couple avionixx 1200.2's would be nice(you would have to buy used) ED nine.1's would work well to along with cadence z1200. You would need a pair of any of the listed amps.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #19
droppin bottom
AF Newbie

i want the max and full output out of the subs i choose. is the wattage of those amps you listed max or rms?
Old 12-19-2004, 05:47 PM   #20
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

with 2 brahmas, the least you should go with is around 2000rms, and for that you would want a new alternator and battery. Go for a US Amps USA-2000 and a ~250amp alternator, should be plenty

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:26 PM   #21
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

no offense, but just to be "heard around the block" adire and re are a waste on you

the 2 subs total will almost be $800 and an amp/amps for the sub/subs will probably get u paying another $8-900
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:00 PM   #22
AndonD454
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: AA Brahma vs. RE XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxthuggie
no offense, but just to be "heard around the block" adire and re are a waste on you

the 2 subs total will almost be $800 and an amp/amps for the sub/subs will probably get u paying another $8-900
yeah thats why i was tryin gto get a better feel for exactly what he wanted.. cause if he just wants his car to vibrate like hell there are better suggestions than these subs.. and a cheaper too.. but he seems pretty set in his decision.

he just wants "top of the line" and i guess decided on one of these two.. but if he has the money he sounds like he does im surprised a W7 wasnt mentioned.. a lot of people consider that to be top of the line too.. either way it doesnt matter.. these subs are all just renouned for their sound quality and just get loud coincedently. But i guess if he has the money he can do whatever he wants.. i just think the sub you get should depend on your needs and IMO i dont think that these subs are exactly what he needs. I dont know though maybe he knows exactly what he needs and we just cant tell.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:05 PM   #23
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

if you got money call up adire and have them custom make you a parthenon then you'll have the loudest and coolest system ever.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #24
droppin bottom
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: AA Brahma vs. RE XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndonD454
yeah thats why i was tryin gto get a better feel for exactly what he wanted.. cause if he just wants his car to vibrate like hell there are better suggestions than these subs.. and a cheaper too.. but he seems pretty set in his decision.

he just wants "top of the line" and i guess decided on one of these two.. but if he has the money he sounds like he does im surprised a W7 wasnt mentioned.. a lot of people consider that to be top of the line too.. either way it doesnt matter.. these subs are all just renouned for their sound quality and just get loud coincedently. But i guess if he has the money he can do whatever he wants.. i just think the sub you get should depend on your needs and IMO i dont think that these subs are exactly what he needs. I dont know though maybe he knows exactly what he needs and we just cant tell.

Well, Andon, what else do you think are "top of the line"?? And remember 12's. And what do you think I need?? And with how much money i'm putting towards it, if the money was yours, what would you get?? I was just supposing that the more it costs the better it is.

I've heard about the W7, yeah that's top of the line too, but i've been told more recomendations and suggestions on the brahma and the xxx. Well, lets add the W7 to the "race", now which do you recomend?

OK, well, like I said if you had about $4000 what would you get for your subs and amps?
Old 12-20-2004, 06:30 PM   #25
AndonD454
AF Enthusiast

haha damn i had a huge response typed out and then got kicked offline. i basically said id go with two 12 or 13.5 W7s (if they fit) and probably 2 jl amps cause the w7s have crazy VC impeadences.

however i only go with this because i have heard several in person where as ive only heard brahma/xxxs outside the cars at competitions. (and ive heard from a couple dif. people that xbl^2 isnt that great for rap if this is even what you listen to)

thats me personally though, so do what you want, all im trying to say is that you shoudl realize that you may not need to spend that much money, and you might find a sub better suited to your needs if you would explain exactly what your looking for and not stay stuck on these few subs just because theyre some of the best. for all we know, you just want somthin loud, and could end up looking at soloXs. hah way overpriced and crazy output, but kinda shitty sq. just be flexible man they guys here can taylor fit a sub to your needs

Sold all my shit.

waiting for more money
Old 12-20-2004, 07:54 PM   #26
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

xbl^2 is great for any music. It's just not necessary if all you listen to is rap.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #27
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: AA Brahma vs. RE XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinstang77
xbl^2 is great for any music. It's just not necessary if all you listen to is rap.
exactly, and neither is any other sq sub for that matter, xxx, w7, w6, idmax, etc

but as far as rap goes on xbl^2, it sounds damn good, or at least as good as rap is capable of sounding

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
Old 12-20-2004, 08:28 PM   #28
AndonD454
AF Enthusiast

ok good points.. but all im saying is why go for such an SQ oriented sub if youre just trying to bump with some rap? i guess coming from such a cheap teen perspective, it just seems like the money doesnt have to all be spent on somethin like that

Sold all my shit.

waiting for more money
Old 12-20-2004, 08:45 PM   #29
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

true, but if he has the money, why not get something that has both the spl he wants, and the sq that he might learn to appreciate in the future, instead of buying something less expensive that has the same output, but that he will get plain sick of after he tries to play something other than rap and it sounds like crap. If he was on a strict budget then I would definitely agree with you though.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 12-20-2004, 08:46 PM   #30
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Considering that these subs also get pretty damn loud it's worth it.....and yea like sr20 said rap is great on xbl^2. On XBL^2 enabled subs it is completely even..... I was amazed when I first heard an xxx18 how tight it was in a huge ported box and how well it played the high notes right along w/ the lowlows

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio